'02 Ninja 250 rider, looking to move up to '05 FZ6!

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe you might not want to give up the 250 just yet? First race, 250 wins! I had to put it up because the guy in the video is really worked up and because of that, funny.

09 Ninja 250 Drag Race Vs. Yamaha FZ6
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF4CmBv27c8]09 Ninja 250 Drag Race Vs. Yamaha FZ6 - YouTube[/ame]

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
What are some symptoms of unchecked/unadjusted valves and head bearings? I'm no mechanic, so there's a strong possibility I wouldn't be able to tell. Any idea how much a Yamaha dealer would charge for valve check and head bearing check?

If the valves need adjusting the engine is usually quiet, (no ticking) by what I have experienced and been told (step in if im wrong guys) is that most times the valves wear TIGHT not loose and cause the valves to not tick/tap.

Head bearings on something used that little should be fine as long as water didnt get in there, just check/tighten them up a tad.
you can check the head bearings and all with the toolset that should come with the bike. its a 20 min job, nbd.
dont go to a stealership, ever. $.02

good luck with whatever you get! :thumbup:

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Just for reference, I picked up a 2006 FZ6 with 1,100 miles on it about 2 weeks ago for $3100.

The deals are out there... I found mine on craigslist (guy had it sitting in his garage for years) and I'm also in NJ.

He was asking $3500, but took my offer of $3100 in a heartbeat... probably could have offered lower.

mixtape

Reaction score
Visit site
Update: I now have a red '07 FZ6 ! The blue FZ6 discussed below in this post no longer apply. I passed on those bikes due to either price or mileage. Thanks you!

summerb37, that video was great :D. He sounds like me the first time I took the 250 on the highway!

I'll come test-ride it if it's close enough to me :D
It's quite a hike, up in Sullivan County :eek:.

Just for reference, I picked up a 2006 FZ6 with 1,100 miles on it about 2 weeks ago for $3100.
I think the warm weather we've been seeing since last Thursday has been playing a role in pricing :(. I started my FZ6 search maybe a week after you picked yours up. I actually had no idea what a Yamaha FZ6 was two weeks ago lol. I was still searching for a 650R back at that point :ban:.

Also, here are some larger pictures of the '07 FZ6 with 31,000+ miles. He said that it's in "showroom condition" with "no scratches," but the first thing I notice possibly looks like a decently sized scratch near the "FZ6" decal :confused:. Please help me play eye-spy for potential problems!

Last edited: