Boneman - best wishes please.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Shocked to hear about your crash, Boneman, and really glad you are on the mend. Hopefully you'll be up and walking in no-time and back on a bike. (Just give Rossi a ring and ask him for his secret weapon ;))

Whilst riding down a main road to my friends house yesterday, a woman in a car just pulled out of a side street into my path without looking. I had to ride in the gutter and crank up the speed to get my ass out of there. I had a bus behind me too, so it could've ended up bad. Shows what one persons ignorance can do.

Get well soon, drink lots of beer and eat lots of chocolate. :thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Re: Best wishes

Good to see you're on the mend fella, swift recovery and back in the saddle!

A cage driver did exactly the same to my friend last weekend, he was in the town center doing about 25mph so he only has a little hip damage.

What is it with cage drivers ffs?! it boils my piss the way they think they own the road, either that or just dont give a damn.

Sorry man, Dont mean to hi-jack, i just get soo freakin riled up when crap like this happens!

Again, speedy recovery fella, all the best ;)

Thanks Buck and yeah, I hear ya man. Chaps my a$$ too!

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman, you must of drank a lot of milk when you were a kid as it seems you took a pretty good hit not to have a broken leg. Really good to see your gear held up. Thanks for the pictures, it services as a good example of what we all should be wearing.

Heal quickly!!

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you get well soon. My best wishes to you. Sucks seeing a fellow FZ6 rider go down to a stupid cager. Watch the leg as Wolfman said, it looks painful. Hope your up and able to ride again!

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Just took a look and found this. Man, really sorry to hear about the accident but really glad that you're up and about and not seriously hurt. Heal quick and take care of yourself.

I know your wife will be looking out for you. Isn't it nice to be loved?

Take care and glad to hear you're good to go for the most part.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dave, I now understand your previous statement about "sausage legs"..... You poor thing.

Hope you recover soon.

Heard anything more about your bike?

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
An amazing outcome to this. I'm glad to read that you are in fair condition and a good state of mental health!

I suffered a similar leg injury in May 2009. The swelling and discoloration went away within 3-4 weeks but the pain from the damage is STILL present to a small degree. Take your time getting back on your feet.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
UPDATE:

#1 - The insurance company informed me today that the driver who hit me has claimed 100% responsibility for the accident (damn right)! So this should help speed things up and move things along in my favor in regards to a decent settlement.

#2 - Also receive word today the the bike is a total write off :( This is kind of good in that a repaired bike is never quite the same again and that is has no resale value after being in a major accident.

So now I will start some intial bike shopping and research. Bad news is I wont be shopping for a replacement FZ6.:eek: Most likely a VFR or FJR.

I am enquiring into how much it will cost to purchase the bike back as salvage and strip all modded parts off it and sell them here. This is up in the air as I need more details before doing this. I will however be selling all my stock parts that I've taken off the bike over the years (levers, signals, seat, exhaust, etc).

#3 - Leg is doing better, but now has an infection so I'm on antibiotics to treat this.

-Bone

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Great news Boneman... do you have a lawyer? If not, I would recommend you get one.

In my last accident, the other party had admitted 100% fault as well (and got a ticket etc, etc...), but that didn't mean the process was going to be easy (especially to cover the $30k in Hospital bills).

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope the meds work...that does not sound like fun.

#1 - The insurance company informed me today that the driver who hit me has claimed 100% responsibility for the accident (damn right)!

You know that 99.9999% of motorcycle accidents could be avoided by staying at home and sucking your thumb in the fetal position, right? So some portion of this is actually your fault. :D I'm kidding...

But really, now that the dust has settled, is there anything you could have done to avoid the situation that we all might learn from? Once they started moving into you, I'm sure there was probably no out. But could you have avoided the situation to begin with (without staying home or taking the car)?

This and deer man...this and deer. :(

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Here ae some pics of my gear and my leg.

Shaw Photo Share

I will update it with pics of the bike once I get some and I've requested pictures of the accident scene from the police.

How's the leg doing? When I lowsided/highsided, one leg was crushed under the bike. Got worse before it got better. But it did get better. Not saying that to scare you, but to reassure you that it will heal. Your body has to deal with a lot of damage tissue over the next few weeks. Keep up with the doctor. You will be back on a bike in 6 or 8 weeks.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hope the meds work...that does not sound like fun.

You know that 99.9999% of motorcycle accidents could be avoided by staying at home and sucking your thumb in the fetal position, right? So some portion of this is actually your fault. :D I'm kidding...

But really, now that the dust has settled, is there anything you could have done to avoid the situation that we all might learn from? Once they started moving into you, I'm sure there was probably no out. But could you have avoided the situation to begin with (without staying home or taking the car)?

This and deer man...this and deer. :(

No kidding Def. Well I'm shocked too as I figured just the fact that I was out riding on the road that would somehow translate into some 'fault' on my part. I was thinking 90/10 % or somthing. Still haven't seen it in writing, but this has come from ICBC themselves.

As for avoiding the situation, not much I can offer there as I've played it out in my mind over and over and there was little to nothing I could have done. If a car beside you decides to suddenly swing left...you're hooped. It's not like I was sitting riding in her blind spot for 3 blocks either. I was approaching/passing from the left )correct overtaking) and pretty much at the worst point possible, she swung left. Not a lane change mind you, she was trying to turn left from the center lane.

I think that's also why I want to get back ona bike again as what happend was not my falut nor the cause of anything I did or didn't do. It's not like I went into a corner too hot and lost it, or did something stupid. I was doing everything right (asside from being on a motorcycle ;)). Sometimes poop just happens. And lucky for me and my family I was VERY lucky. Something that I am reminded of every day.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
How's the leg doing? When I lowsided/highsided, one leg was crushed under the bike. Got worse before it got better. But it did get better. Not saying that to scare you, but to reassure you that it will heal. Your body has to deal with a lot of damage tissue over the next few weeks. Keep up with the doctor. You will be back on a bike in 6 or 8 weeks.

I'll get more pics of the leg up tomorrow and hopefully should get some of the bike too!!

Leg is doing good. Swelling has gone down a bit and it looks like a leg again, but then it tends to swell up as the day goes on. It has an infection in it now so parts of it are red and hot.

Oh I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better and I'm anticipating some painfull rehab/physotherapy in the next few months. Had to hang up my goalie gear for the rest of my summer ice hockey league too. I hope at the ned of this that my leg recovers enough so I can continue to play goal.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's bad news about your bike, especially with all those mods you have done.

As for you, glad you're slowing recovering.

Look after yourself :)

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll get more pics of the leg up tomorrow and hopefully should get some of the bike too!!

Leg is doing good. Swelling has gone down a bit and it looks like a leg again, but then it tends to swell up as the day goes on. It has an infection in it now so parts of it are red and hot.

Oh I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better and I'm anticipating some painfull rehab/physotherapy in the next few months. Had to hang up my goalie gear for the rest of my summer ice hockey league too. I hope at the ned of this that my leg recovers enough so I can continue to play goal.

Mine looked pretty good apart from swelling which went down in a day or 3. A week later the bruising started. Sort of weird really. Then the blood started to settle in the lower part of my leg and foot. That was actually pretty painful. And weird. The bottom of my foot was fine because it was constricted by my shoes. So I had a half blue/black foot with a 'clean' sole. There was no damage to my foot, the bike had landed on my upper thigh and knee, then bounced off, tires caught traction and high sided / threw me.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Great news Boneman... do you have a lawyer? If not, I would recommend you get one.

In my last accident, the other party had admitted 100% fault as well (and got a ticket etc, etc...), but that didn't mean the process was going to be easy (especially to cover the $30k in Hospital bills).

Well that's why I love living in Canada mate...subsidized healthcare! (or as you Yanks call it "SOCILAISM"...insert scarry music here).

Hospital bill = $0.00 :thumbup:

Only thing I'm out of pocket for right now is 2 weeks wages, which will eventually be recoverd as part of my settlement/claim.

Boggles my mind why I see hoards of Americans actually fighting to keep thier broken a$$ healthcare system. But that's for another topic.....

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
make sure you get paid for your accessories.

Well yes and no. I added a ryder to my insurance policy and over-insured my bike for $8,000 (book value insurance is something like $5,000). So I will get a little bit back above book value, but obvioulsy nothing close to the amount I put into it. But then again, I wouldn't even get that when/if I sold it, and I knew that when I was doing all my mods.

I could buy the bike back as "salvage" since it is a write off and have it shipped to my home and then part it out. But that takes a lot of time and time is something I don't usually have a lot of these days. Depends on how much they tell me the salvage price is I guess.

Might just take my pay out cheque and cut my losses and move on.

Last edited:

Mr Buck

Born on the wrong side
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn shame about the bike though mate, like Karen said, after all the cash on mods. epic fail!

But glad you're keeping us updated on your health, as long as you're OK thats the main thing bud, after all the bike is but a material possession and those can be replaced.

Ohh theres a thought, are you gonna be leaving the bonemanfz6.com site up, since you're not replacing the Fazer?