Boneman - best wishes please.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Just posted these in another topic, but thought i would post them here as well.

Ok, finally got the Police Crash Scene photos scanned! They are a bit jumbled, but you will get the picture.

In a nut shell, car to my right suddenly turned left into me (was trying to turn last second at the upcoming interesction). Her car struck my right side. I was ejected from the bike, over her hood and flew, rolled and slid 15M (50') through the interestcion and accross into the oncoming traffic lanes. The bike took a slightly different angle, slid through the intersection, accross all 3 lanes of oncoming traffic lanes, hit the curb and jumped up and took out a sign poll and bounced back into the oncoming traffic lane.

Here are the pics:

scan0003-0.jpg

scan0001-0.jpg

scan0002-0.jpg

Last pic is of the car that hit me...an Audi A8 ($120,000 luxury sedan)

scan0004-0.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry you had to go through this Dave. Like Mark posted earlier on this thread, people have just gone off the deep end.

Had a car in the very right lane pull left as if he were pulling into my lane and I was ahead of what I thought his move was and then it came. He kept coming over and I had no time to stop. He was crossing left across all 3 lanes to get to the two lanes that were turning left driving me out of space, with no time to brake unless I would lockup and go under him. i knew I needed to get passed and hoped I could motor through. I saw my opening and thought I might get pinned between the stopped traffic in the left turn lane and this *******. I throttled it and got through an opening no larger than 36 inches. I actually thought I had clipped one of the cars. No doubt everyone thought here's a biker trying to lane split and scaring the crap out of everyone in doing so. Non the less I turned and gave him the greeting :Flip:

These morons have there minds on everything but driving. This can't be stressed enough to your students and the rest of the biking community.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the pics// amazed that the bike "took out" that road sign... that would take alot of force... continue healing up :thumbup:

jackay

Reaction score
Visit site
Sad to hear this happened, but the good thing isyou are alive and well. I wish you recovers soon and well! Never rush the recovery period, always take it slow :)

Last edited:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Shame owning a $120,000 car doesn't actually mean you can drive it. Should have better spent the money on new eyes or a brain.

How the healing process going? Hope your doing well and you are soon able to be out riding again!