bolts?

sumofclay

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know the specs on those two bolts that secure the front gas tank bracket up near the steering head? I looked down today and both of mine are gone. And of course it's going to cost more to ship them than the price of the actual part. Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know the specs on those two bolts that secure the front gas tank bracket up near the steering head? I looked down today and both of mine are gone. And of course it's going to cost more to ship them than the price of the actual part. Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

I happen to have a set; Just pay shipping and they are yours!

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to replace one myself recently. I don't remember what they are, but they were easy to match at the local Auto Zone. They even have them at Ace.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
When you get your bolts, use this: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UEMZ2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000FIXQXK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1B4CWDJQ8VMBMTZG8B0Y"]Blue Threadlocker[/ame] I've used this on almost every bolt I don't torque down.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I swapped mine out for some stainless steel hex bolts. The stock philips heads stripped out on me.
Can't recall the size, but I easily found them at Ace Hardware.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I have lost a few of those bolts too, but found some of them under the gas tank, hidden somewhere. Another fell off to the starter motor. I used a strong magnet stuck to a piece of metal to magnetize the metal and get the bolts. If you put in a magnet only, it will just stick to the first metal part. My screw drivers weren't magnetic enough to dislodge the bolts. Then use the threadlocker to keep them in place.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
M6 width, x 1 thread pitch x approx 1/2" or so deep.

The factory ones have a washer built on them, if you do aftermarket, I'd get SS, with a flat washer and lock washer.

Maybe a dab of locktite too.:thumbup:

sumofclay

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Scott, that was exactly what I needed. Picked some up today and everything is tightened down again. Hopefully the Lock-tite will hold them in this time.