BMW outlet JUMPER CABLES for the FZ

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Something I put together which may aid should you have a dead battery away from home.

Should you find your battery dead, most folks can push start the bike, IF there's enough juice left to fire up the electronics.

Many folks have a standard SAE connector to their battery for charging, pumps, etc.

I don't (on purpose) but have a Powerlet BMW style outlet on the left side of the bike for heated gear, air compressor, etc. Most of us know the PIA it is to get to the battery SHOULD you have to jump it, get to it, etc, especially out on the road..

The first picture is my bike with the Powerlet outlet. The second is what I just made up (from spare parts).

It simply plugs into the existing socket. A regular set of jumpers to a car (non-running) clip to the harness (keep separated of course). You now have direct access to your battery to jump it EASILY without removing a single bolt.

(The size cable, its the same size that comes on every Battery Tender and the larger output chargers (fused 30 amp)).
This set up can be modified to fit a cigarate lighter outlet or an SAE connector as well.

Best part is, it fits UNDER the seat, right next to my tire plugger.

Feel free to copy, modify, make your own to fit your needs.

My bike with the Powerlet:

The BMW "jumper Cables":

Last edited: