Bluetooth helmets

Juby

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all...I bought some new riding gear this year and I now need a new helmet aswell...I am really interested in getting one with built in bluetooth technology...I've been reading about them quite abit and they seem to be getting good results...so just thought I'd ask you guys opinion

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the branded for UK version.

We are on our second set of helmets, we were so pleased with the operation we bought the same model again.

Thing is they seem to have changed the bluetooth module and it is now so quiet that it is useless, luckly for us our old bt modules still OK so swapped new modules for ones out of our old helmets, and the operation is as good as before.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Oneal Element bluetooth helmet also and while a decent lid, I cant hear anything over the little speakers if I'm going over 55mph or so. I have tried using my phone linked to the helmet and even though I can hear the person on the line, I have to pretty much yell to be heard, its kinda embarassing at red lights. The little clunky volume knob on the side of the helmet catches the wind pretty good and so you can hear that too. But for the price you get a fairly comfy lid and for slower speeds it's fine.

FrankieOC82

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking for a bluetooth helmet also. thing is, my buddy has a Schuberth helmet with an interior drop down visor and I really like that idea also, since it sucks to ride around a dark night with my smoke visor on if i cant make it home earlier. And since I can't really drop $500+ on a Schuberth lid (but damn i wouldn't mind having one!), I researched and came up with this:

Vega V-tune Bluetooth helmet

looks like everything I'm looking for (Bluetooth + interior sun visor + not insanely expensive), but i cant find a shop locally that has it in stock so i can't play with it before committing. Anyone with experience on this one?

Last edited:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Oneal Element bluetooth helmet also and while a decent lid, I cant hear anything over the little speakers if I'm going over 55mph or so. I have tried using my phone linked to the helmet and even though I can hear the person on the line, I have to pretty much yell to be heard, its kinda embarassing at red lights. The little clunky volume knob on the side of the helmet catches the wind pretty good and so you can hear that too. But for the price you get a fairly comfy lid and for slower speeds it's fine.

I had the opposite experience, I can be at 80 mph and still hear the audio fine. The knob works great even with gloves. I have yet to call or receive a call yet on it. I'm not that brave yet.

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried O'Neal Fastrack, works great, plays music, receives phone calls automatically, plays GPS NAV announcements and if rider on the back seat has one you have instant communication (intercom) available! No more yelling at each other at traffic lights or while riding. Everything is integrated so there is no wires or anything hanging or clipped to the helmet. Rechargeable battery is good for 100 hours so depending how much you ride charge per week will do.

They are sold by High tech Bluetooth motorcycle helmets made by O'Neal - USA and sold by GIZMO HELMETS INC. in Canada. They ship everywhere (worldwide as well). It is O'Neal brand and they got Dealer's Award for best product at 2009 show for that helmet. There is also open face one for people who like it.