Black/Purple Motorcycle Grips

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been having a very difficult time trying to find black/purple grips for the FZ. I have this image in my head with my FZ6 having the purple Hyperpro spring, black/purple grips, black CRG levers w/purple adjusters, and my already purple wheel stripes. ::drool::

Anyway, back to the task at hand, I have seen multiple pictures of Pro Grip Model 719 black/purple grips, and even a real picture of a guy who has them on his 250, but I CANNOT find them ANYWHERE online. I have spent hours trying to find a website that has them listed, and I can find the other colors easily. A lot of the websites have a picture with all of the colors that are offered with the grips and even include a black/purple one, but NONE of them have the black/purple listed to order.

I've sent emails to Progrip and they told me to send an email to their US distributor, and I did, but never got a reply back. So, I've been sending emails to multiple online motorcycle shops to see if they have them, or can get them and I'm just waiting on replies. In the meantime, do you guys know where I can find ANY purple/black motorcycle grips? I was hoping someone here knows of a website where I could find the Pro Grip model 719, or even the 725 in black/purple. I'm going to include some pictures so you guys know what I'm looking for.

See the one in the back..
0000_Pro_Grip_719_RVGS_Open_End_Gel.jpg

Here's an example. This website shows the purple in an image, but doesn't have it as an option.

ProGrip 719 Grips - Motorcycle Hand Controls - MotorcycleToyStore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

I wouldn't be opposed to a different brand, but I just want some black/purple grips to match the rest of the purple stuff I want to get.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can find anything to help!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I ended up ordering some different grips after searching for what seems like forever. I found these.

The ones on the far right..

medianl.jpg

Gonna have to cut some holes for the bar ends/mirrors.

They look pretty cool, although I would've liked the Progrips better. Oh well, if I can find the Progrips anywhere, I'll just give these to the wife so she can put them on her Ninja 250.

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you try checking with Aaron at Yamaha? They should have access to all sorts of grips and be able to order any color you want. I bet you'd have more luck looking at the MX catalogs though. Purple accents really are gonna look nice on a blacked out bike!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you try checking with Aaron at Yamaha? They should have access to all sorts of grips and be able to order any color you want. I bet you'd have more luck looking at the MX catalogs though. Purple accents really are gonna look nice on a blacked out bike!

No, I didn't try going in to the shop, but I really feel like they would have about as much luck as I did. I even looked at the Tucker Rocky Catalog that they usually look through, searched through a ton of websites, and even sent 4 or 5 of them emails.

I spoke with an online JC Whitney representative (after sending them an email) who said they would get some in in Mid April. Then they sent me an email saying that they don't have them and can't order them. So, I emailed them back and asked them to double check since their online rep said they would get them in stock in April. Of course, they haven't responded.

I'm just happy to have found some that I like. I didn't want all purple grips (found plenty of those), didn't want any hokey flame or skull designs w/ purple in them (found a few of those, too), I just wanted some decent looking simple black/purple grips.

Hope these turn out to be cool. Maybe I can get those levers soon. Supposed to be getting a bonus at work here in a few weeks. :rockon: