Birthday buy

namruso

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,
It's my birthday tomorrow. I've been riding for the last 4 years on my 2006 FZ6, but only recently started working on it. I'm a dedicated lurker on here. Haha. I've purchased a new gas cap, K&N AF, and 434racer levers. I'm in no way rich, and am a college student, so I was reaching out to see if there were any relatively cheap mods/buys I could buy to celebrate my birthday.

Thanks guys,
SeanO

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
everyu year for my birthday I upgrade some gear: new jacket or jeans ,boots or gloves.
This year I think its gonna be a lid
maybe!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Sean! and Happy Birthday - sooner or later :cheer:

How about a set of frame sliders? ~$36 This is a good set, inexpensive, not clunky looking, and have a good shot at minimizing damage in the event you spill the bike.

Shogun Frame Sliders Yamaha FZ6 2004-2010 - RevZilla

Fender eliminators can be more involved than you think at first. Most of the inexpensive ones are made to fit aftermarket rather than the stock signals. You either have to buy the signals or get an FE kit that comes with them. The kit versions tend to provide signals with very weak LED signals. I had people commenting that they could not see that I had them flashing. Also, with LED signals you need to either get a set of resistors or a replacement flasher module or else deal with the flash rate being about double the normal rate. The FZ6 uses bulbs in the signals and uses the resistance of the bulb in the circuit to set the flash rate. That way you know when one of your bulbs burn out because the rate goes double. The LEDs make the stock flash controller act as though the bulb" is burned out.

The approach that I took was to get an R&G FE. It cost several times the amount of the simple ones, but the mounting ears for the signals are sized to accept the stock ones with their oval rubber mounts. About $125, not sure about shipping with the company in this link. They're out of stock at Revzilla.

R&G LP0038BK Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator Kit for Yamaha FZ6 (2004-2008): Accessories International

Good Luck and Happy Modding!

Chris

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and happy birthday, Sean!
To add to what Chris mentioned about frame sliders, axle sliders may be a good idea. Ideas that come to mind (some not cheap).... Seat mod (Google A great day to ride, tires... Depending on their age, R6s fork swap... One of the best mods.

namruso

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always wanted a double bubble windshield. Haha. I went the cheap, more involved option of doing the plasti dip black with gloss. It takes kinda a while to dry, and I saw that my passenger/seat rack thing was fading, so I'm spraying that too.

I'll look into the fender eliminator as I want to reduce all that junk in the trunk and look cool like you guys. Haha thanks for the responses!

Aloha from Hawaii.

Sean O.