Bike Week Daytona 2010

goose2580

Newbee
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Ok yes I know its a long way off but it wont be till then that I have the vacation time to do it.. But I am already making plans..It just happens that my wife and I have a membership with a time share co that has a location right on the beach.. the kool part about that is.that we can have enough room for 2 to 6 (1 to 3 couples)other people stay there with us..cheap for a place to stay while there... now for the fun part I live all the way across the country and am hoping to meet up with other people in the area and along the route to all ride together.. well this is only the first of what I hope to be many posts in this thread.... T.T.F.N.

Keep the rubber side down.............

oh yea link to the planed route
from: 9710 se 75th ave milwaukie oregon 97222 to: 300 North Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, FL 32118 - Google Maps

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
not to rain on your parade....but.... there are so many folks drinking there and then riding it is a wonder only 18 not 180 die there each year.

the roads are straight here in FL

I live 60 miles from Daytona.... nice coastal rides but so many nicer places to ride....

be safe and ride :rockon:

PS bike week in 2010 is feb 26th to March 7th.... you are going thru Salt lake that is a great time to ski there not ride -----it is winter then :eek::eek:

Last edited:

goose2580

Newbee
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Ive done it twice before and have gotten lucky with the weather its a bit nippley but not too bad.first time I went was on a 98gsxr and I'm telling you my nono parts still hurt.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
The trip I took to Daytona with my parents and girlfriend, we rode through Daytona. A lot of bikes, but not my thing.

To be honest, and I dont mean to be a complete ass hole about this but it combines and sells the two things that should never ever under any circumstance be combined.

Alcohol and Motorcycles.

Just like Miller Lite sponsering the Harley Davidson 105 anniversary. Im sorry its just stupid.

Maybe its just that is wrong, or the fact that while riding through Dayton we were nearly hit by a group of Choppers that decided they were on the wrong side of the road to make the turn they wanted to make. The completely cut us off and my parents went into a slide to avoid them.

The squids (not wearing lids) laughed it off.

Sorry not my cup of tea. Id rather ride.

*Off Soap Box*

-bryan

stacy328

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in the Daytona area, I have no clue what the person was talking about with all the deaths. In 2009 there where 5 deaths & 2 of them was a couple that walked out in front of a truch in Ormand beach. With the influx of a million or so people, that is amazing. NOT!!! that any death is good, but it isn't a very deadly event!

There are tons of parties & drinking but a lot of people camp out at The cabbage patch they drink there & stay there other stay on A1A & walk to Main St. I'm sure there are people that drink and drive, but that happens everyday across the crountry!
So come on down & have a blast!

goose2580

Newbee
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
WOW!!! I cant belive the amount of squids in florida!!!! I'm in miami on business and just can't belive my eyes as to the amount of people riding without gear/ helmets/ warein swim suits going 80 down the highway. wow..........