Bike not stable

beuwiq

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Had an accident some weeks ago and after it came out from the mechanic shop I noticed that during banking the bike wobbles. Also on sandy roads it swerves more than it should. I'm suspecting a section of the chassis is brokenthat the mechanic missed out. Pls I need ideas. Thanks Thanks :Flash:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
1st thing I would suggest is to check your tire pressures. Lower than normal pressures can cause pretty intense wobbles in turns. A soft suspension can also do the same thing, I suppose it possible when your mech put it back together (if the forks were rebuilt) he could have went with a lighter fork oil and maybe not enough too. And the final thing I would check would be the forks alignment in the triple, as well as on the wheel, and your real wheel. The forks could be in even in the triple, (a very small amount can make a big difference) and they could also be tweaked on the front wheel.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on tire pressure!!! also check to make sure there are wheel weights on both rims.. both of those will cause some unsettled riding.. good luck!!