Bike knocked over, need help with repairs

chronostorm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

My 2007 FZ6 was knocked over not too long ago by someone backing into my driveway :mad:

It tipped over on the left side. Luckily, I had frame sliders installed, but there was still some damage :( If you guys could help me out, I would really appreciate it!

First, my left front turn signal got all messed up. The part of the front cowl that the turn signal mount is mounted to broke. I've glued it back, but it doesn't seem to hold too well. Is there an alternative to using those mounting points? Perhaps a turn signal that doesn't mount from there?

Second, my left footpeg (not passenger) was cracked kind of hard. I'm trying to remove the shifter pedal so I can remove the footpeg, but I don't have the right allen wrench. Can anyone tell me what size allen wrench it uses? Somehow, the FZ6 toolkit I keep under my seat doesn't have the right size :(

Finally, the left passenger footpeg mount is bent. I believe the part that's actually bent is a thin part of the subframe. Is it possible to bend the frame back a bit? It won't be much, and if I remember right, the subframe is not made of aluminum, so it should be possible to bend without damaging it a lot.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks for the help! Also, sorry if something shows up during searches. I tried looking, but I didn't see anything while sorting through all the results

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I think some pictures of the damage would definately help you to get the right answers :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always disliked those front indicator mounting points on 07+ bikes. Very fragile. I would go with something like this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Universal-flush-mount-signals-smoke/dp/B005JEUYXU/"]Universal flush mount turn signals smoke lens[/ame]

It'll require cutting holes in fairing, but should look quite clean and will no longer use standard brackets (can just remove them and clean up the look).

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always disliked those front indicator mounting points on 07+ bikes. Very fragile. I would go with something like this:

Universal flush mount turn signals smoke lens

It'll require cutting holes in fairing, but should look quite clean and will no longer use standard brackets (can just remove them and clean up the look).

+ 1 on dumping the OEM mounting points on +'07 fairings :thumbup:
You could also get some podlights into your headlight and use them as indicator lights :flash:

Grtz,

Degake