Bike is now winterized

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
... and she'll be staying put the next five-or-so months. Have allmost put 20.000 km's on her since March, and the odo just turned 40K on the last trip this season. Which was a freezing one. Got down to -1 degree c at one point there...

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
No kidding! Man, is it depressing to think the end of my riding season is right around the corner (and you year-round riders can hold your comments, thank you very much).

At least I've got my naked conversion to look forward to! I can't imagine how apprehensive I'd be knowing the bike would just be sitting there for the next 5 months!

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Winterizing here means checking fluids, spraying with ACF50 and switching to winter gloves.

It was 5 deg C the other morning when I set off, which was refreshing.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel very sorry for you, having to put her away for the winter months.

Here in Perth we ride all year round - bit wet in Winter, but spring is here and the weather is already great.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem around here, is that the morning temps aren't suitable for riding, whereas during the day, the temperature can get up to around 12 degrees c. I use the bike mainly for commuting, and the unpleasantness of riding in several degrees below zero, makes me shiver just thinking about it. I could of course pospone the winterizing, but as long as I'll be spending the next three to four weeks in Africa, I just had to do it now.

Besides, compared to last year, the temperatures are now lower. I rode until November last year, but I don't think that's possible this year.

A highlight is that we've ordered a brand new car, which will arrive before it's time to take out the bike again:Flash:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, Norge gets cold fast :D it's still around 10 degrees C here. oh yeah Capo what car did you get?

Ja, i år har det blitt kaldt ganske fort (did you understand that? - translated: Yes, this year it has become quite cold pretty fast). It's no more than two weeks ago that we had temperatures in the mid 20's:eek:

Is it still 10 degrees during morning hours where you're at?

I don't think you've ever heard of the brand, but it's a Skoda;) I's basically a VW.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride whenever i can, the bike only gets put up for 2-3 months and i have ridden down to 11F and it gets very very chilly, but it is worth it to hold off on putting the bike away.

This reminds me... I need to get my heated grips set up again, they shorted out and i need to replace one...

P

Perfj

It is also getting cold down here in Denmark. This week the night temperatures will probably be below zero degrees Celcius. So not many rides left for this season.
Cold wins comming from Norway at the present:rolleyes:

:danish:

logan77

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah I'm with ya. I packed up my bike and gear yesterday, of course it's still accessable if it really warms up. :thumbup:

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.
Here, Kalifornian..... no winterization needed at all....
^^;
:rolleyes:

hihi.gif

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a lovely riding day down in Denmark Capo. Not sure of the temp but nowhere near yours and nice and sunny as well.

Steve

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Ja, i år har det blitt kaldt ganske fort (did you understand that? - translated: Yes, this year it has become quite cold pretty fast). It's no more than two weeks ago that we had temperatures in the mid 20's:eek:

Is it still 10 degrees during morning hours where you're at?

I don't think you've ever heard of the brand, but it's a Skoda;) I's basically a VW.

Hei, hvordan har du det? hehe takk for the translation. i learned something new :rockon: yeah it's getting kind of cold now it toronto. 5 degrees c so with windchill it's below zero for sure :spank: hands get frozen in 30 mins of highway riding lol. Ja i checked out some pics of the Skoda cars. they look sharp! must be very fuel efficient too. canada needs more cars like those in europe :D

Daryldaddy

Elite Member
Reaction score
central BC / Canada...on beautifull Quesnel lake
Visit site
Yep...summers over , I'll run my insurance till Nov. in hopes of a few nice days . this morning it was -8 C. warmed up to O , heavy frost and light snow = crash , so early morning rides are out. Thats one of the negatives of central BC. Guess I'll be dragging out my 580 powder special soon........Hmmm

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
It is also getting cold down here in Denmark. This week the night temperatures will probably be below zero degrees Celcius. So not many rides left for this season.
Cold wins comming from Norway at the present:rolleyes:

:danish:

Hey, smartass!

Those winds you're talking about are coming from freakin' Sweden, or more precisely, Sibiria;) Talking about Sweden: Congrats on winning that soccer match:thumbup:

I winterized my bike solely because I'm going away for two weeks this friday. I saw on the latest weather report that the temps are going up again, so I guess it would be possible to ride for at least one more week, maybe two. Problem is the mornings... It's no-joy riding in sub-zero temperatures even though the roads are dry. I'm not that kind of a viking:rolleyes: