Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

DavisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I received a reply from the ebay seller with the "devil's eye" G5 projectors. They will split the kits to sell it the way we need it. I also inquired about the G5 as to if they were red all the time, to that they said they are clear lens' and just red when the devil eye is turned on.

So it would require an additional switch like the halo/angel eye's. With slim ballast I was quoted $185 for the set. There email is [email protected] if anyone has questions for them.

I still am not sure if the G5's will fit and have been a bit busy with other stuff going on to look deeply into it. Hopefully will get to order April 1st whatever it is I end up picking.

Last edited:

Soundless

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, Check with you all regard this.
I have order a projector kit from Ebay, but the item order and received look kind of different.
They given me the G3 projector kit which look like this
G3CCFL_2.jpg

Can this be install inside FZ headlamp assembly?
I do not want to risk taking apart my headlamp and can`t fit in.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Hi Guys, Check with you all regard this.
I have order a projector kit from Ebay, but the item order and received look kind of different.
Can this be install inside FZ headlamp assembly?
I do not want to risk taking apart my headlamp and can`t fit in.

Bummer that you received something different than what you ordered. :( I can't really tell if they would fit or not. The bezel does look a bit wide on the thing, but I'm not sure if it will interfere with the FZ6 housing or not.

I actually took my FZ6 out for about 18 miles the other day (first ride of the year) and after my pre-ride check, I realize that I really don't like the look of my wires for the HID install. Specifically, I'm annoyed at how the wires coming from the projector are all just a bit short, making the connectors all end up just outside the rubber cup over the back of the bulb. Oh well, not much I can do about that now.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Light Performance (wow!)

Well, I finally took my first real night ride since installing my HIDs over the winter. I went out for about thirteen miles on Thursday night and wow! It is amazing how awesome these lights are on the FZ6.

I live out in the country and headed out on the back roads, riding slowly knowing that my skills were rusty from taking the winter off, and there might still be cinders/garbage on the road from winter.

On high beams, it was incredible on how much I could see. The beam was broad enough to illuminate to the sides, areas that didn't get illuminated with the factory setup. Good thing too, as I saw at least ten deer on my short ride. Twice they crossed the road ahead of me. (Gotta love night riding in Pennsylvania....) Luckily, I was going slowly and I was able to see the deer before they came out.

When on low beam, the crisp cutoff is so sweet. Flipping the switch and seeing the line across the road is so cool, and I didn't get any high beam from the few opposing cars that I saw.

It's amazing how HIDs light up reflective surfaces so well. I have the 4500k lights and it was almost painful to look at some of the white speed limit signs when my headlights hit them.

Anyways, great mod and I'm quite glad that I did it.

DavidG-757

Reaction score
Visit site
dang those do look great. i've been looking into that for a while. just not sure im ready to take on the task of doing. plus it isnt needed to make my bike tour ready so much . but strong work on your part

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: I finally finished the bi-xenon HID projector installation

i definitly think i will be doing this at some point in the very near future.. but question, if it works on the bike, can this be done to a car to add projectors? interested in doing this on both my rides...

oh and suggestions for where to buy either would be helpful. thanks

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if anyone has done this type of mod to a car, do you have pictures or can you point me in the right direction to find some?? thanks..

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
probably bringing up an old post, but can anyone please provide a working link to a set like were used in this write-up, I am interested, but not sure exactly what im looking for
Thanks

BlsdSV

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes please, can someone post a link that works to the product that fits the H4 connection. I was trying to figure out if the whole housing literally slips in through the hole and you do not have to remove the housing cover? Or is removal of the cover necessary?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Yes please, can someone post a link that works to the product that fits the H4 connection. I was trying to figure out if the whole housing literally slips in through the hole and you do not have to remove the housing cover? Or is removal of the cover necessary?

Removal of the clear lens on the front is definitely necessary with any of these projector retrofits.

The seller that I bought my bi-xenon projector HID kit from has a new set listed here:
eBay.com.sg: G5 H1/H4/H7/H13/9004/9005/9006/9007 HID Projector kit (item 130513324661 end time May 06, 2011 20:57:32 SGT)
but this one doesn't come with the ballasts so I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to piece the parts together. The listing does say that you can get the ballasts for $40 more, but I'd rather be sure I'm getting everything bundled together.

lonewolf

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a brand new 2009 FZ6, and thinking of doing the HID mod. I found a link on ebay which I think is a good deal. So if I do the mod, I have to remove the whole headlights on my FZ6 fairing and remove the clear lens in order to put everything in? Is the whole process difficult? Thanks in advance!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Just got a brand new 2009 FZ6, and thinking of doing the HID mod. I found a link on ebay which I think is a good deal. So if I do the mod, I have to remove the whole headlights on my FZ6 fairing and remove the clear lens in order to put everything in? Is the whole process difficult? Thanks in advance!

If you're looking at adding bi-xenon projectors, yes you need to first take apart the fairing, remove the headlight assembly, and then use the oven or a heatgun to soften the adhesive so that you can remove the clear plastic lens assembly. It's not too tough, just take your time. There are many threads on here detailing the tasks.

Abschatten

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys im thinking of doing this mod myself but im not 100% certain on the headlights. Could someone give me a link to the actual headlights i should use to do this mod? My bike is a 2009 FZ6

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
The direct link is here: Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

And here's my thread where I talk about installing it. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/37638-bi-xenon-projector-morimoto-mini-stage-iii-kit-install-my-new-mirrors.html

I don't recommend any plug and play kits cheaper than this. For the install talked about in this thread, it's a true retrofit, so any projector you want. Just as long as you think it will fit.

On a 1 to 10, this threads install is probably a 8 or 9, but it works a bit better. The kit is probably a 6 or 7. Take your pick.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Which lights

The Morimoto stuff is nice, no doubt. With that said, I doubt that I would have done the install if I had to spend over $200 for the parts. I got my kit for $145 shipped and that was within my price window.

Looking on eBay, it appears that the prices have gone up on the systems, and I don't see as many complete kits as before. A lot of the projector "kits" I'm seeing, don't include ballasts, and other include stuff we don't need on a motorcycle (like remote control devil eyes).

From what I see, you probably want a G1 or a G5 projector. The G3 projector looks a bit "fat" for our application.

I bet these guys could set you up with a kit that has H4 and H7 adapters, but you'd have to email them to be sure:
Retro-Solutions LLC items - Get great deals on Projector Retrofit Kit, BiXenon 9005 9006 conversion items on eBay Stores!

Plus, it's going to be $200 anyways if you go with them, so you might want to consider Morimoto after all....

What ever you decide, it's an awesome modification which greatly increases night visibility.

Abschatten

Reaction score
Visit site
Downrange, If i choose to go with that Morimoto package what Adapter plate, bulbs and what wire harness? Oh also what is the CCFL (sorry I'm really new to this)

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Downrange, If i choose to go with that Morimoto package what Adapter plate, bulbs and what wire harness? Oh also what is the CCFL (sorry I'm really new to this)

I'll try to answer your questions.

Adapter plates: These plates physically adapt the HID projector to the motorcycle's light bulb sockets. Due to the design of the FZ6 headlight assembly, you need one on H4 adapter plate and one H7 adapter plate. (You may have to contact them to order two different adapter plates for one order.)

Bulbs: This is mainly the color temperature of the bulb. I would go with 4300K as it produces the most usable light output. (I went with 4300k and love them.) The higher the number color temperature, the more purple the light will be, but the will put out less light output the higher number that you go. My 4300K bulbs are just really white, with maybe a tinge of blue and I like them that way. The other bulb option that they offer, is for their upgrade model XB35 bulbs. You'll have to read the description to see if it would be worth the extra money for them, but I personally wouldn't get the XB35.

CCFL Angel Eyes: These are the colored rings around the outside of the projector that can light up. If you hang out in the parking lot with your key on and your headlights off, they would look cool. I have them on my bike and you basically never see them, since I don't sit around with my key on and my headlights off.... I think they aren't needed unless you want the bling. Save the money and extra wiring hassle.

Projectors: Stay LHD if you're in a country where you drive on the right hand side of the road, and the steering wheel is on the left side of the car. This option selects how the beam cutoff is made and where light goes and doesn't go.

Resealing Glue: I don't think you need it. My kit came with it, but there was so much glue left on the housing after oven time, I didn't need it.

Shrouds: Decorative covers that go over the outside of the projector assemblies. You might not even need them if you're going for the black look. Otherwise, just go with the standard mini gatling gun. You need to be concerned that you don't pick a shroud which will be big and cause fitment problems in your headlight assemblies.

Wire Harness: This is wiring plug type that the lights will use to connect to your motorcycle. I seem to recall with the FZ6 that you need to choose the H4 connector, but I also recall having to do some manual wiring due to the way that the high beam works on the FZ6.

I hope that helps you some.

Jim