dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Because I,m way to lazy to read all through this thread again ,lol
What ballasts did you guys use ?

I,m ordering my projectors tomorrow :cheer:

i thought you already had ballasts. didn't you come up with that handy way of mounting them?

but to answer your question... i used slim just because i bought a package from someone on here that already had them. they are nice being smaller and lighter.

they also come with mounts that are useless unless you have a dremel and some #6 screws and nuts. if you have a dremel to make the holes bigger in the mounts then you can hang the slim ballasts from one of the screws in the fairing.

FalloutMan

Reaction score
Visit site
IIRC someone had asked the seller if he would switch out one of the bulbs to have a H4 and H7 in the kit and he said no. If its still that way, would anyone be willing to make a deal with me to buy a H7 kit and I buy a H4 kit then trade a bulb? Ill need to wait a little while to get the extra money though.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
I have one ballast mate,was just wondering if it matters much what type you use ,so I know to buy one more or two.

yeah, i don't think it matters. boneman has the type you have and his seem to do just fine. with your handy way of mounting i'd say just get another of what you already have.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I really hope to get a FZ6 and try this mod but, are blue angel eyes legal in the U.S.?

Yes, blue is legal in general. There are no federal restrictions against blue (barring impersonating a law officer) but several state or municipal laws regulate what colors are acceptable. Ask at your sherrif's office. White is never illegal so that is safe. Now, while we are talking legality, these projecotors and HID kits are not DOT approved and are illegal on the streets, but who really cares about that.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, blue is legal in general. There are no federal restrictions against blue (barring impersonating a law officer) but several state or municipal laws regulate what colors are acceptable. Ask at your sherrif's office. White is never illegal so that is safe. Now, while we are talking legality, these projecotors and HID kits are not DOT approved and are illegal on the streets, but who really cares about that.

My FZ6 lenses say DOT on them:D

dmcgee622

Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutly love the angel eye projector headlights you put together....can you by chance link me to the ebay site? The old link is gone now. So these bulbs fit with no adjustment to the housing? You just need to pry open the lense and put them on from the inside? Do the bulbs have the eye ring around the outside of them?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Absolutly love the angel eye projector headlights you put together....can you by chance link me to the ebay site? The old link is gone now. So these bulbs fit with no adjustment to the housing? You just need to pry open the lense and put them on from the inside? Do the bulbs have the eye ring around the outside of them?

I suggest you spend a few minutes and start at the begining of this post. All your questions are answered in this thread. Yeah I know it's a bit long, but so was the process of posting all the info and pictures...

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
congrats on finding someone to go in with you. y'all will both love them. :rockon:

riding home last night i was thinking about how great of a mod it is for me since i have to ride about 2 nights a week around 10 pm. my only issue is getting them adjusted. when i first did it i had people flashing their brights at me and my brights didn't look that different from my dims. i adjusted them a second time... only this time i sat on the bike to adjust them. i also might have gone on the low side of adjusting. now i feel like my cutoff on the dims is too sharp and i really need to ride with my brights on. soon i'll find the sweet spot with them.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Dean,

I would give some thought to getting stiffer fork springs as well..... the range of motion on the FZ fork is quite large, due to the 'dive' on the progressive portion of the springs. Where the headlights are aimed is going to be controlled by the chassis attitude of the bike to a much larger degree, with the projectors. Romp on the gas, light up more of the sky..... chop the throttle, you're going to be looking close to the front of the bike.

Stiffer springs would reduce the change.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Dean,

I would give some thought to getting stiffer fork springs as well..... the range of motion on the FZ fork is quite large, due to the 'dive' on the progressive portion of the springs. Where the headlights are aimed is going to be controlled by the chassis attitude of the bike to a much larger degree, with the projectors. Romp on the gas, light up more of the sky..... chop the throttle, you're going to be looking close to the front of the bike.

Stiffer springs would reduce the change.

i'd think about this but i don't have the funds right now. that'd be way down the road for me. i was hoping later on to maybe put some thicker oil in and see if that'd help some. i think i'd need to pay the bike off before i could get "clearance" to make another high dollar purchase for the bike.

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site
My h7 bulb died tonight, kinda sucks. Luckily had a set of h7 bulbs on the shelf.

The bulbs included with the kit isn't the greatest quality compared to even my cheap replacement bulbs. Base is plastic vs metal etc.