Best mods for tall riders

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I've searched around a lot on specific types of mods (rearsets, footpegs, seats, bar risers) - but thought it would be cool to get a single thread where taller riders sound off about what they've done to their FZ6's to be more comfortable.

I am 6'5" and am reasonably comfortable on my FZ - but when I slide back on the seat, my knees aren't really in the grooves on the tank. They sit a little too high. I also have to lift up my foot to downshift.

I've ordered some MFW adjustable footpegs to help with this. (Stupid things are backordered until the end of the month though)

Whats the best thing you've done to your FZ to accomodate your height?

I'd also be interested to hear what kind of gear fits them best. I'm always looking for more gear :D So far Revit seems to be about the only off-the-rack stuff that even comes close to fitting.

redoliander

Reaction score
Visit site
Rearsets help a lot! Since then I've put danmoto clipons on also. As far as gear its hard for me to find stuff that fits good. I'm 6'4" so large jackets fit my long arms are a bit baggy in the chest. Medium jackets fit the chest but too short in the arms. Pants I wear a 32/34. Regular pants are too short and long are a bit too long, walking on them. The best suit I've found was dianese. But don't really want to pay that much so I'll get my suits tailored :(

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm nearly 7' and these are my faves:

raised and long topsellerie seat
gsg foot peg lowering kit (or rear sets)
puig racing screen (throws wind all the right places instead of all the wrong...apparently the taller you are the better it works)
fz1 handlebars (alters your seating position)

above in priority of how good I think they are for tall ppl. (you can search the forum for info on most of my mods)

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6ft 6. I have a raised and lengthened Corbin. I have just installed a Madstad screen, but haven't had a chance to try it out.

D

Deleted member 17211

6'4" here.

I strongly suggest getting your seat done by Spencer's Seat Mods. The price is right and as long as you provide good detailed pictures, he'll make sure the seat is correct for you as an individual rather than the 95th percentile male.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm nearly 7' and these are my...

:eek: Wow, I'd better quit complaining about legroom...

I'm 6'5", 230 lbs. I just got the Top Saddlery "tall" seat, and it is an improvement. I've read good things about the Spencer seat mod, but it apparently only benefits your gluteus maximus and doesn't ease the sharp bend in your legs (my main complaint).
I've got a pair of footpegs that are 1" lower than stock but :( haven't yet installed them (I'm out of town right now and can't remember the company's name). Haven't changed the handlebars as the stock bar is perfect for me.

Gear? The Tourmaster "Intake" Tall jacket fits me perfectly, as does the Firstgear "Kilimanjaro" Tall for a winter coat. Sliders kevlar jeans fit me perfectly, although I actually had to have the inseam shortened two inches!

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
I have not changed anything on my bike yet but i am am planning on it when i can afford it. I have bought Scorpion Hat Trick which comes in a tall version. It fits great and have had no problem with it.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6' 7" and 200 lbs.

I've only had my 2007 for a little over a month, but I realized that I'd need a new windscreen the first time I rode the bike on the highway. I got the 20 inch Madstad windscreen and am very happy with it, huge improvement. The design is great too because it can be set to simultaneously block wind, and let wind in underneath the screen which keeps one cool on those hot days.

I'd love to get rear sets or lowering pegs down the road.

Also, have a Firstgear Rush Mesh Jacket in size Tall Large that fits me very, very, well. Perfect in the arms with enough room in the chest to wear a thicker jacket underneath come winter time.

Overall I'm very happy with the FZ6 at my my height.