best aftermarket bars?

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
in everyones opinion which after market handlebars are the best bet for the FZ6? im looking for a straight/straighter style bar that i wont have to worry about the tank getting dinged up...ive seen FZ1 bars on FZ6's around the forum, but it seems that equipment i dont have may be required in event of a screw up. let me know what you think!

quick fz

Throttle Jockey!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually have a set of the Carmichael bend Pro taper motocross bars.... they have a bend somewhere in the middle of the fz6/fz1.... I would post pics but I dont have a camera :-( let me see what I can do to scrounge one up and get some pics....

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Kind of a dick move from someone with 8 posts :popcorn:

I had a set of those cheap bikemaster bars on my old bike and they got the job done, plus they have a bunch of different bends. I think I still have a set of the superbike bend laying around that I could test fit

Last edited:

Batgirl

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll post a pic of the bars I put on my 05 FZ6 (tonight). They are perfect...I didn't like the bend in the stock ones. I think I only paid $35.00 CDN for them too so you don't have to spend alot of money.

n0ct0

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have drag bars on. About 5mm of clearance to the tank on full lock. A little wider than the stock bars, a little further forward. Couldn't fit my Yamaha screen with them though. They lasted until I fell off (in a ford of all places) and bent them. Got MT-03 bars on now. Check out the thread in this forum somewhere.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8224-mt-03-bars-fz6n.html

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll post a pic of the bars I put on my 05 FZ6 (tonight). They are perfect...I didn't like the bend in the stock ones. I think I only paid $35.00 CDN for them too so you don't have to spend alot of money.

Hey Batgirl, how about those pics? I am looking for something with less pull-back and a little higher.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I may have to look into either installing risers or aftermarket bars after my back operation 4 weeks ago. I'm still quite sore from the two long incisions (one each side of my lower spine) and my Titanium Upgrades, but I tried a "dry run" by sitting on my FZ6 and I was able to reach the bars Ok without too effort, so I haven't lost that much flexibility. The first ride will tell me if I need the bars a bit closer to me or not.
I'd rather install different bars than bar risers, quite honestly, if only for the better "look".
This is a good thread. :)

F

formula154

The wind shield and mirrors get in the way if you don't have enough pull back on the bars. The tank gets in the way if the bars are much lower than stock. You can change the height and pull back a little with the stock shield and mirrors but not much. Something to think about before you spend a bunch of money on bars that look good that arent on a fz6

Batgirl

Reaction score
Visit site
dar001.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's the bars I put on. (Superbike bars)
I am looking for something with less pull-back and a little higher.
These prob won't work for you...they are pulled back and lower :)

Last edited:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
OP - Check the mod section. I just added a bunch of pics of the FZ1 bar. What is it that you say you can't do? They just might be what you are looking for.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site