Belly Pan...

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to a shop that sells car paint and give them the color code. Or bring the bike with you some shops have a little scanner device they can take to whatever you want to match and it'll scan the paint and color match.

There's some places online that sale paint. Or you can see at your local Yammie dealer about getting a quart of OEM paint. That'll be more than enough to do that little belly pan with enough left over to paint a lot of the rest of the bike lol.

Last edited:

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
Just had mine painted to match mine (black). I have NEVER had so much difficulty finding a color code or mix with black before. "Metallic black X" with no color code. But I got it all worked out. Cant wait to put it on.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Same one I bought, the bike in the picture actually belongs to forum Member GEOFF. It looked so good they used his pic to advertise.

It will come from Lithuania I believe, I think that was the address on mine and takes a few weeks to arrive.

I have the same color bike as you and it turned out great, I didn't use Yamaha matching paint, too expensive. I went with Dura-color and the match is near perfect if you paint the first layer in black primer. Make sure when you sand that you don't expose white again... if you do repaint the surface black. That is the key to a good color. See this link for my thread from when I did mine.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/41076-belly-pan-goodness.html

Good Luck!!

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha blue would probably be one of the easiest colors to find even at a local mom and pop paint shop. Think about how man four wheelers, dirt bikes, and motorcycles have been made that color lol.