Beating a Dead Horse

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
mostly cause I am home today letting myself deflate before my party tomorrow....

90 degrees, packed auditorium and polyester gown = puffy preggo.

but a proud one :)

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on a great achievement in your life. Now no more late nights and 200 million box of joes before finals.
Now you can ride all you want
...:thumbup:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Keira!

I remember my graduation for my BS. Bill Clinton was our convocation speaker and they oversold tickets to our Field house, so they had to move the ceremony outside. Although we are in Rochester, it still gets pretty warm outside at the end of May, especially in black polyester gowns. :eek: I was completely soaked in sweat under my gown, not fun.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer: Congratulations Keira! That is fantastic. Now you can get some rest before the baby comes.

Take care,

Deb

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Keira!

I remember my graduation for my BS. Bill Clinton was our convocation speaker and they oversold tickets to our Field house, so they had to move the ceremony outside. Although we are in Rochester, it still gets pretty warm outside at the end of May, especially in black polyester gowns. :eek: I was completely soaked in sweat under my gown, not fun.

Yeah this was the first real college graduation I had. There are no pics of me at my undergrad one, because it was pouring. Even after, it was pointless, 'cause my cap was all destroyed from being in the rain. It was monsooning, like 3 inches an hour-type pouring. The ceremony was 5 minutes and not memorable at all, except that it was the shortest in university history and miserable....this was hot, but decidedly awesomer.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations.

What does the blue collar signify? I've always noticed the different colored collars but never had a clue...

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations!!!!

collars usally signify the discipline or college (college of science etc) or can be used to denote academic achievements

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations.

What does the blue collar signify? I've always noticed the different colored collars but never had a clue...

The light blue means that I got my Masters in Education. The inside of the hood (it is actually a hood, I never realized that) is a darker blue and white, which you can see in the other pic, indicating my school colors. :) Doctoral robes are even more confusing than Master's hoods....

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
What a achievement, congratz! :bow: Is the doctorate on for the future?
My BH got her honours in education psychology last year. Resting this year and wants to do her masters next year. Yip, married a math teacher...lucky for my daughter.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Keira! :thumbup: Well done! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The light blue means that I got my Masters in Education. The inside of the hood (it is actually a hood, I never realized that) is a darker blue and white, which you can see in the other pic, indicating my school colors. :) Doctoral robes are even more confusing than Master's hoods....

Funny, I didn't get any color on my gown but then again, they probably had no clue how to classify a masters in multimedia...

And you're right about the doctoral robes. I live a couple of blocks from UC Berkeley. Every year around this time I see folks walking around in robes with all sorts of different colored hoods and sashes/accoutrement (I didn't know that it was a hood, how perfectly Masonic and mystical...)

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
What a achievement, congratz! :bow: Is the doctorate on for the future?

Well, much like lytehouse said, I have the best job coming up, so I doubt motherhood will give me too much time for more degrees. Not to mention the debt that I have incurred by not working this year.... Next on the list is Rob's MBA. Maybe I'll reconsider once he has gotten that. :)