Battery Dimensions??????

wlaroche

Reaction score
Visit site
For the first time I lifted the tank on my 2005. I needed to get the battery tender leads attached. I started looking at the battery and it seems to big for the battery box. The depth of the battery is just under 3 inches. the reason I think that it might be wrong, is the air box has two bolts that mount it to the battery box. They have been removed and the air box is pushed back. It just does not seem right. Is anyone else missing the air box mounting screws?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't understand, if you lifted the tank and the battery is in its place, how can it not fit? The space under the tank is such that the tank won't fit properly if everything isn't installed properly.

Maybe you should post a picture.

wlaroche

Reaction score
Visit site
as you slide the battery in the air box gets pushed to the back of the bike. there is two screws that is suppose to hold the airbox in that are missing. The holes are off about 3/8 inch. It pushes the airbox back that far.

I checked the size of the battery that is in the bike currently and it is 3 1/2 inches wide the correct battery is only suppose to be 2 3/4. Someone changed the battery out and just removed the screws to make it fit. I figured that with only 68 miles on the bike the battery must be stock, but apparently someone pulled the battery out and replaced it will the wrong size.