Bar end mirrors are great!!

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all I got bar end mirrors to go on my Fz6 with the demon front fairing because I didn't want the trouble of making bracket for the stock ones. They look great on the bike with the fairing now all I have to do is install my new turn indicators. I'll post pic of it all when I get home and get the indicators put on. I at work right now.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I too have handle bar mounted mirrors; not bar-end though. You know a picture is worth a thousand words and :needpics:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And get a helmet on that child....and proper riding gear....In fact get that child a bike and signed up on here....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to pile on too much but.....

:needpics:

What brand did you buy? Bar ends ROCK! You can actually see what is behind you, what a concept...

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that bar-end mirrors can look pretty cool, but are they any good? Can you see everything in them like you can with the stock mirrors?

Looking cool is one thing, being safe another...

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that bar-end mirrors can look pretty cool, but are they any good? Can you see everything in them like you can with the stock mirrors?

Looking cool is one thing, being safe another...

yes I can see everything just like I could in the stock mirrors. Actually I perfer these over the stocks. I'll Post a pic when I get off work.

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And get a helmet on that child....and proper riding gear....In fact get that child a bike and signed up on here....

lol, we just sat on my bike for the pic. I ALWAYS ride in full gear: helmet, padded jacket, gloves, full pants, and riding boots. Because I have seen first hand what can happen if you go down without. Also, it is a Marine Corps law that you have to ride in full gear or you can get in big trouble. You know that more than 20 Marines have died this year in Virginia alone!!! Way too many brothers and sisters lost. Oh, and you might think this is funny but, I do have my son who is 10 months old now( he is growing too fast) a little helmet of his own because he wouldn't leave mine alone.:Flash::Flash::D

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look exactly like the ones I just got. Mine are convex (ie wideangle view). The stock mirrors vibrate a LOT in comparison with these.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I had bar ends AND stock mirrors on my last bike. I had the bar-ends set to give a view behind, and the stock to see into blind spot. That gave great coverage, but:
* I didn't like how far the bar-ends stuck out, always made me nervous about clearance while lane splitting.
* They were not in the field of view, so you had to take your eyes away from what was in front to look at them.
* Looked dorky as all get-out to have two sets of mirrors. But, the only one who needs to be impressed about how my bike looks is me, and it didn't bother me that much.