[B]help needed fz6 peppes!!;)

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys well let me start by saying the way this economy is coming down on us, we need to stay together as one big forum!

my story...

about 2 days ago coming back from school i was going on the freeway, when around 7-8000 rpm my bike started stalling like i just abruptaly just rolled of the throutle. so i continued on my way home, stopped at a light and my bike turn off. i quicly restarted it and as i was getting away from the light it stalled again on me:(
i did a copple of runs up and down the freeway and its mostly around 7-8000rpm that the bike starts jerking really bad like if it sudently runs out of gas and then it comes back again ones i roll of the throutle.
i know there is a recall on the 05 models about the TPS and it has been replaced. i also run de DIAg on the computer and the throutle is between 15 and 17 when rolled off, and its at 101 when full throutle.

need help please! please!!
dont really have the extra cash for taking it to dealer.
all of it is going to school!!

:thumbup:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
There are some reports of 'Kill' switches going bad...... this may be your problem. When the switch opens, it cuts off a main relay on the entire electrical system. Bike's as dead as a door post.

Next time you start your bike, try wiggling the kill switch side to side (don't push the rocker to 'kill', on the 'run' part of the switch, slide it side to side) .... if it dies, you know the contacts are going.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
He has an '05...TPS? Anyone with similar experience who had problems with theirs? I had mine replaced under the recall before I had any problems.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys well let me start by saying the way this economy is coming down on us, we need to stay together as one big forum!

my story...

about 2 days ago coming back from school i was going on the freeway, when around 7-8000 rpm my bike started stalling like i just abruptaly just rolled of the throutle. so i continued on my way home, stopped at a light and my bike turn off. i quicly restarted it and as i was getting away from the light it stalled again on me:(
i did a copple of runs up and down the freeway and its mostly around 7-8000rpm that the bike starts jerking really bad like if it sudently runs out of gas and then it comes back again ones i roll of the throutle.
i know there is a recall on the 05 models about the TPS and it has been replaced. i also run de DIAg on the computer and the throutle is between 15 and 17 when rolled off, and its at 101 when full throutle.

need help please! please!!
dont really have the extra cash for taking it to dealer.
all of it is going to school!!

:thumbup:[/quote

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, did you check the #'s inbetween the highs and low? All numbers must be the there linear going up and down.... Doesn't sound like a TPS problem anyway, the TPS generally affects low speed performance. Will it run over 8k, up to red line with or without a problem?

If the kill switch doesn't pan out (sometimes, flipping it back and forth several times will help clean up the contacts inside, a shot of liquid wrench won't hurt either). You may try by-passing the kick stand switch(again liquid wrench won't hurt it) and clutch safety switch(its under the the clutch lever). If it gunks up inside, it can cause problems killing the engine..

Check the fuel cap vents (under the gas tank filler cap-lines run underneath the tank) make sure their not kinked/clogged. Make sure its venting. If you have a spare key you can leave the tank cap slightly ajar (without much fuel in it so it doesn't splash out-safety reasons) and run the bike.

If the above doesn't help, try some Chevron "Tectron" fuel system additive. It works really well at cleaning the system/removing moisture. It take some miles for the techtron to work. Its cheap enough(bout $8.00), Walmart, automotive stores carry it..

Scott

Last edited:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Everything everyone has posted here is good advice, (and hopefully solves your problem). However, I used to have a car that did almost exactly the same thing, (and it kept getting worse), and it was the onboard computer! It wasn't cheap but it fixed it.
Good luck! (I hope it's something simple though)

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
16k... how about plugs? When was the last time the air filter was cleaned/replaced?

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You say you ran out of gas at the track day? Maybe you sucked some schmeg into the filter or fuel lines, does it soud like its not getting gas? Good luck! Let us know.