Awesome product for those..

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting concept, but I have a hunch it is one of those products that just won't quite work as advertised.

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
That is a fantastic idea.
If I did not have a center stand, I would buy one in a hart beat.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like an interesting product but I'd be a little wary of using the axle nut as a support point. That would be an unfortunate bolt to round off.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like an interesting product but I'd be a little wary of using the axle nut as a support point. That would be an unfortunate bolt to round off.

Not really much of a chance of that. I'd be leary of putting on the threaded section because it would be fairly easy to damage the threads but the bold head/nut would be fine.

Cool little product. Looks like it should work fine.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I might actually order one for Keira's SV. Looks like it would be a lot more handy than dragging out the rear stand every time i want to wax her chain...

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6N doesn't come with a centre stand (although has the mounting points), so that's one group of people (incl me). Others remove it to save a heap of weight and improve ground clearance.

This product isn't bad, although there's a better one which simply sits under the swingarm and has shoulders so it doesn't fall out. There's rubber to protect the swingarm. Will try to find a link. You wouldn't do any rough work on your bike but good for chain lubing.....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6N doesn't come with a centre stand (although has the mounting points), so that's one group of people (incl me). Others remove it to save a heap of weight and improve ground clearance.

This product isn't bad, although there's a better one which simply sits under the swingarm and has shoulders so it doesn't fall out. There's rubber to protect the swingarm. Will try to find a link. You wouldn't do any rough work on your bike but good for chain lubing.....

Completely off topic, bit BikeBiz's Avatar makes me want cookies...

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
To drop a little bit of weight and increase ground clearance. I can't think of any other reasons.

I had mine off for a while for appearance reasons. The bottom of the bike really did look a lot cleaner without the center stand, and I liked the idea of dropping a few pounds of weight.

But, functionality won out in the long run (even though I own a front and rear stand) and I reinstalled the center stand after a few months.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Appearance doesn't really bother me with it, I need it more for function. I could see the clearance thing though. I thought it was just a silly trend lol.