Awesome deal on tires...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have been in the market for new tires for the bike for sometime, the front is almost a slick, and the back is worn flat, both have serious signs of severe cupping. I was hoping I could wait until the winter, and do them then. But it got so bad i really didnt want to wait.

Went ahead and picked up an extra day of overtime at work last weekend, and went searching. My orginal search came up with motosport being the cheapest for Mich Pilot Road 2's at $280ish shipped. I thought that was an awesome price. That was until i found "TireExpress.com"

Michelin Pilot Road 2's Front and rear................... $257 SHIPPED! BOOM. That was an awesome deal. They showed up today. talked to my buddy about a good place to get them put on... found out that there is a new shop nearby that just opened, The guy is looking for business and is willing to put them both on, (with wheels still on the bike) for $70!!

LIFE IS GOOD! :BLAA:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $222.98 shipped for the same set from jakewilson.com using coupon code csjw10.
BOOM!

:BLAA:
Damn, thats even better!! NICE

Just checked, didnt work for me, they came up as $244 something something...

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow... I just bought a set at a local shop for $441....and it will still cost another $100 to get them mounted!!

facepalm2sn8.jpg

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheapest I could find a front Metzeler M5 was at kneedraggers.com. With shipping it came out to be $135.92. Cheapest I could find elsewhere was $137.99 with free shipping. Just for giggles I asked the dealer how much one was there and they quoted me $180 before tax, and they would have to order it anyways:eek:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked out Motorcycle Superstore's "preferred installer" program. The best deal was from a place just over the PA line from MD. Tires were $260 pr and install was $65 on the bike. I rode up there, waited about an hour or so and rode away on new PR2 CTs.

What is the new shop in MD that is installing yours? I'm always on the lookout for non-dealer service shops.

Tim

06fz6green

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid 279 shipped guess i got screwed. lol. I talked to the dealer when i got there and they wanted 227 just for the rear. They made me feel a little better. Scrubbed 'em in yesterday. Seem to like so far.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site