ms.xentrix

Reaction score
Visit site
hey I'm new here :D

This is my 06 FZ6S :thumbup:

2MW_1555.jpg

2MW_1552.jpg

2MW_1557.jpg

Currently unlicensed, so planning a trip to the pits in the next week or two. Then hopefully will be out and about - although still with L plates for the next two months :(

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same as you Candice. I had a CBF250, got my 250 licence, saw the FZ6 and fell in love. Bought her on the spot then sold the CBF250. Had to ride with "L's" for R class and a shadow for 12 months, but it was worth it.

ms.xentrix

Reaction score
Visit site
yeh a few people think i'm a little stupid buying a bigger bike earlier (actually most think i'm stupid for riding bikes in the first place lol).

I might have taken her for a ride round the block last night, I couldn't help myself! And it was awesome, why didn't I do this sooner??

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
yeh a few people think i'm a little stupid buying a bigger bike earlier (actually most think i'm stupid for riding bikes in the first place lol).

I might have taken her for a ride round the block last night, I couldn't help myself! And it was awesome, why didn't I do this sooner??

na you will be fine the fz is a forgiving bike check out psb they have learner rides and shadows that are willing to take you for a spin just take it easy
might see you out there

ms.xentrix

Reaction score
Visit site
na you will be fine the fz is a forgiving bike check out psb they have learner rides and shadows that are willing to take you for a spin just take it easy
might see you out there

Yep i'm on PSB but never made the effort to go on the rides, maybe I will now if I can get someone to shadow me all the way from where I live lol (far northern suburbs).

Anyway my bike is booked in at the pits next Monday, so should be all good to go on the roads this time next week :D

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Don't think ya stupid. FZ6 is the 1st bike I bought. One day on a 250 & then straight onto 500's +.

ms.xentrix

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't think ya stupid. FZ6 is the 1st bike I bought. One day on a 250 & then straight onto 500's +.

Good to know I made the right decision then :D

Actually many members of my family who think its irresponsible of me to ride bikes have already commented on how nice the FZ6 is, my dad even sat on it, then wanted to turn it on to hear how it sounded.. might have another bike rider in the making!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to know I made the right decision then :D

Actually many members of my family who think its irresponsible of me to ride bikes have already commented on how nice the FZ6 is, my dad even sat on it, then wanted to turn it on to hear how it sounded.. might have another bike rider in the making!

My family "hates" bikes, and after 20 years + of riding, my poor old mum (bless her heart) still tells me that she wishes that i didnt ride...

But ny dad, who also protests, watches the Moto GP telecasts religously these days, which tells me, that secretly, he wishes he rode a bike at some point in his life....

Family that normally brand you as irresponsible for riding a bike, really actually mean, that they are worried, that bikes are dangerous, and that they dont want to lose one of their loved ones...

It is a sad reality that nearly all of us bike riders must face, that it is dangerous, and that our loved ones who dont share our "addiction", will never quite understand.

:thumbup:

You definitely made the right decision, the FZ6 is one great lil bike...so forgiving in so many ways, yet more than exciting enough for most when provoked!

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice stuff! Its looking very clean there! Puts me to shame :p

Riding a bike is of course dangerous, but its also people being generally irresponsible on the road that is part of the issue. Too many drivers who aren't very skilled, aware, or really just don't care at all.
Motorcycle awareness in Australia is actually some of the worst I've ever seen in the world.
I'm in Thailand at the moment (Phuket) and there are scooters everywhere (I even saw an FZ6!) They ride with helmets (if you can call them that) and I've seen one guy wearing protective gear.
The amount of attention drivers give scooters however is amazing, and the roads operate alot more smoothly than at home. People seem to be more patient, much more aware (the roads are crazy busy) and just far better drivers.

We decided not to hire one out since I didn't want to lug protective gear along, but halfway through our visit we were sitting out the front of the hotel waiting for a tuk tuk and some guy got dropped off straight from hospital, looking like a mummy, covered in bandages obviously from an accident. It was pretty nasty tbh.

Well this turned into quite the rant! :p

Safe riding!

P.S. You should look at getting a louder exhaust, you know safety and all :D jks

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
0150a22

Hope the link works ok, this is my fz, very proud of it I am too.
its pretty much stock apart from rim tape the oggy knobs tank protector and a Ride Line rego holder