Reaction score
Visit site
A few more....

View attachment 35515

View attachment 35516

View attachment 35517

View attachment 35518

View attachment 35519

I have to thank Mikey again, for helping me pull the thing apart and detail it, after it got back from the Tour of Tasmania...it was filthy!!! As all our bikes were i think!

:thumbup:

Looks to me like that centre stand wants to be parted off the bike and sold to a fellow Aussie. At least thats what I can divine from the pictures of
Pinky, the cup bike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks to me like that centre stand wants to be parted off the bike and sold to a fellow Aussie. At least thats what I can divine from the pictures of
Pinky, the cup bike

Lol....too late, bike is advertised with centre stand included...sorry!

:spank:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol....too late, bike is advertised with centre stand included...sorry!

:spank:

... New workaround! Just tell any buyer that the kickstand is 'centred' on the bike for balance, not like our old pushies where it was occasionally on the back wheel. Problem solvered! :)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
....... nice bit of fabrication!

Nice looking bike! Love the Yellow & Black, and the seat cowl enhances the look too, with the "SPLASH" of yellow atop the seat...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Having a YELLOW NAKED too I think that cowl looks excellent, it really looks good with that extra touch. I just took delivery of the swingarm decals from FAZR6 (Mike). He did a "special" for me with yellow FZ6, just to give the back end a lift, will proudly put up pics after the w/end

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jamie, how did you get pinky to change his colour? Did you do it yourself, or have a panel work shop do it? I would ask if you'd sold the pink tank and bought silver, but you seem to be savvy enough to find a workaround, and i don't know too many people that would buy a pink tank...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jamie, how did you get pinky to change his colour? Did you do it yourself, or have a panel work shop do it? I would ask if you'd sold the pink tank and bought silver, but you seem to be savvy enough to find a workaround, and i don't know too many people that would buy a pink tank...

The pink tank was painted Silver, it is an OEM colour, but from an R1, not an FZ6....The pink tank was originally OEM blue.

It was painted in 2 pack paint, and is as good as OEM, if not better.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
The pink tank was painted Silver, it is an OEM colour, but from an R1, not an FZ6....The pink tank was originally OEM blue.

It was painted in 2 pack paint, and is as good as OEM, if not better.

How much did such an endeavor cost... thinking of going matt black with a clear coat, or gloss black similar to damien. less awesome, but similar looking

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How much did such an endeavor cost... thinking of going matt black with a clear coat, or gloss black similar to damien. less awesome, but similar looking

How long is a piece of string??? depends on where you get it done....you can get a cgeap job for as little as $300, but get what you pay for, or you can pay $500 and get a really decent job....i am guessing mine cost me about $500, got it painted at the same time i got a lot of stuff painted for the black bike...and was part of an overall price for multiple jobs!

it's funny, cause i bet myself that you would take less than ten minutes to reply :)

Your lucky, i am just about to leave the Office, and go jump on the black bike for a quick afternoon blat through the local Twisties!

:D

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
How long is a piece of string??? depends on where you get it done....you can get a cgeap job for as little as $300, but get what you pay for, or you can pay $500 and get a really decent job....i am guessing mine cost me about $500, got it painted at the same time i got a lot of stuff painted for the black bike...and was part of an overall price for multiple jobs!

Your lucky, i am just about to leave the Office, and go jump on the black bike for a quick afternoon blat through the local Twisties!

I guess I might have to save up and go see a painter for Christmas. Front fender + tank + respray of plastics.... Is that all I'm going to need to paint?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I might have to save up and go see a painter for Christmas. Front fender + tank + respray of plastics.... Is that all I'm going to need to paint?

Maybe your side radiator guards, and maybe your headlight/front indicator mounting plates??? Depends on how far you wanna go??? or spend???

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe your side radiator guards, and maybe your headlight/front indicator mounting plates??? Depends on how far you wanna go??? or spend???

Ah, headlight fairings! Radiator guards are currently black IIRC... If I do do (do-do) it, I'll do it properly.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, headlight fairings! Radiator guards are currently black IIRC... If I do do (do-do) it, I'll do it properly.

Whatever you do, dont paint the hugger, doesnt matter how much you etch prime it, prepare it, use decent paint, etc, it will crack, or flake....trust me, i know!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Whatever you do, dont paint the hugger, doesnt matter how much you etch prime it, prepare it, use decent paint, etc, it will crack, or flake....trust me, i know!

Nah, I'm one of the few people I know that loves a higher, and the higher as matt black on the fz. The only thing i don't like are the two indentations on the forward side that serve as little dirt buckets.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Nah, I'm one of the few people I know that loves a higher, and the higher as matt black on the fz. The only thing i don't like are the two indentations on the forward side that serve as little dirt buckets.

Higher = hugger ... iPhone spell check :shakes head:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
n the other hand your carbon hugger on Damien looks pretty sweet.:D

That thing caused me more drama than should ever possibly be put up with...ordered it once, it never got here...got a refund, tried again 2 months later, it finally arrived, 6 months after i initially decided to buy it! They are rare as rocking horse POOP! :eek:

It is the business though!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: