She's gone :(

siebsey

Reaction score
Visit site
This isn't much of a hall of shame post, but I posted it here anyway:

Well, I haven't been as active on the FZ6 forum as I would have wished when I started riding. You may remember my post and video about installing the wonderful Delkevic exhaust, but after a few months, I dropped off. I was busy riding!

This season started wonderfully. I rode in January (in OHIO?!?!) and February. I'm a tax accountant by trade, and my job isn't conducive to riding much before April 15th.

This is what the February ride looked like:
February Ride.jpg

On April 15th, I finally pulled the bike out of storage, polished her up, and parked her right next to my other pride and joy:
April 15.jpg

I was a happy guy. Being free from the tax deadline gave me more time to ride, and boy did I ride. But then a short, short 12 days later after planning the trip of a lifetime at a local restaurant into the wee hours of the night, I came back to my apartment and was confronted with a horrifying sight:
April 27.jpg

My drunk neighbor came home from the bar, hit my bike, and drug it six feet. I'm not joking when I say he was drunk. When I confronted him the next day, he genuinely had no idea it had happened. It makes me shudder to think he was driving like that. He called his insurance agent and we settled on a more than fair reimbursement for my troubles.

"So what, then, should I do?!" I thought shortly thereafter. I looked around for a replacement for my FZ6, but nothing tickled my fancy. I had set that bike up exactly how I wanted, and I knew I would always wish I had my old bike regardless.

So I waited.

I waited the entire riding season, crying a bit inside every time a friend asked if I wanted to ride. I even considered riding on the back of somebody's bike, just to get the feeling (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating.) Then one Friday morning, I knew what I wanted. It was as if lightning struck me; I had known the entire time but never truly considered it. That Saturday, I drove 3.5 hours each way to West Virginia and purchased my next adventure machine.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold:
IMG_20170102_194505317.jpg

It has four cylinders...

...and 398 more cubic centimeters!

fz1.jpg

Oh baby, I got an FZ1!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
after reading your story I was getting ready for an unhappy ending. glad it worked out. the Fz1 seems like a natural progression from the 6. peace out. now you just have to wait several months for warm weather and tax season to be over

siebsey

Reaction score
Visit site
after reading your story I was getting ready for an unhappy ending. glad it worked out. the Fz1 seems like a natural progression from the 6. peace out. now you just have to wait several months for warm weather and tax season to be over

You're right! Now's the time to install all of my comfort goodies and make sure she's ready for some saddle time.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
OK, you got me.... Glad there is a happy ending!
Oh and Good luck sorting through the rift raft this tax season! :thumbup:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
My drunk neighbor came home from the bar, hit my bike, and drug it six feet. I'm not joking when I say he was drunk. When I confronted him the next day, he genuinely had no idea it had happened. It makes me shudder to think he was driving like that. He called his insurance agent and we settled on a more than fair reimbursement for my troubles.

congrats on the new ride and your description of your neighbor seems like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZhGPH83ZHE

siebsey

Reaction score
Visit site
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
OK, you got me.... Glad there is a happy ending!
Oh and Good luck sorting through the rift raft this tax season! :thumbup:

Thank you! Tax season is always fun in early February but by mid March I'm ready for it to be over.

congrats on the new ride and your description of your neighbor seems like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZhGPH83ZHE

Spot on... He left the bike attached to his car. Didn't take much to figure out who it was!

Yes, Happy Endings are the best!

:Flash: