August 16-18, 2013 - Skyline Dr, Blue Ridge Pkwy, and West VA

gottherim4

Reaction score
Visit site
5,000 miles covers a trip across the US and back! Wow. I am available for other rides outside of our sorta-planned-so-far August trip. I would not mind going west into WV a few times throughout the summer.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The trip is me riding to meet my friend in Maine. Riding toward Niagara Falls south through the Appalachian mountains them toward the Atlantic coast and back to Maine. Then I'll ride back to Maryland on my own. With meandering and side tangents we estimated 5,000. This is all very fluid though. My friend coming with me has 3 weeks off in late June and the first half of July. I have more time so my trips to and from Maine will not be included in our 3 weeks.

If its a trip in August then that will definitely be after the trip. But if time permits I would still love to ride with you all. If anyone is doing any good rides between now and mid June let me know. Time permitting I would love to ride anything and everything.

As for my bike. She is a 2007 who had 2,424 miles when I bought her last week. She was well maintained but hardly ridden. The best part is I got her for the great price of $3300.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to see you all on the roads soon!

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Should be an awesome trip. Hopefully all the Northeast death pits (aka giant potholes) will be fixed by the time your trip rolls around.

What a steal on your FZ! Great purchase, you're gonna love it. The first long trip I took on mine was up to Vermont and New Hampshire for a four day, 1300 mile round trip. At the time I wondered what I'd be in store for on a long ride with a new bike. The only thing I had issues with was the stock seat. Needed to take breaks consistently every hour or 1.5 to relieve the stress on my boney arse. I've since done two things, shipped my seat off to Spencer in FLA (Flash Intro Page) and purchased an Airhawk. Spencer's mod definitely made the seat more comfortable, and for long slab riding, the Airhawk lets me go the entire tank of fuel before needing to stop.

So take it out for at least an hour and see how you feel. If uncomfortable, I do recommend at least getting the Airhawk.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Airhawk just arrived from Revzilla yesterday along with some sweet new Alpinestars boots. The seat and sore hands are typically the worst so I just bought those right away. I am using the Go Cruise Throttle Assist. It seems work work well, at least more fluidly than most though at a much lower price than a Kaoko. I have not tried out the Airhawk yet, but I am really excited to. I used to live in NH and Maine so I have spent a fair bit of time riding that neck of the woods already. And yes I absolutely love the FZ6 already. It is only my second bike but I have ridden alot of others also and I fell in love with the FZ6 the first time I test drove one.