Attaching GoPro to helmet

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm thinking of getting more serious into motovlogging and also a good buddy of mine is a vlogger as well,check him out; his youtube name is LifeInDecibel

Anyways; getting back to my mine point. I got a Arai RX-Q helmet at the time when I bought my Gopro 2 and at the time I didn't want to put an adhesive tape on my helmet for fear of damaging the finish but now that the helmet is a bit older and I stop caring as much about having that sparkling new finish; the bug guts made sure of that lol.

For a while now I been using a suction cup mount that came with the camera but the damn thing is too tall and ends pulling my head back from the wind.
Finally break down and I'm going to use the adhesive tape mount; my only concern is that when I do decide to remove the adhesive, will the tape damage my finish?

On a side note, if anyone knows where I can get a shorter low profile suction cup mount for the gopro please let me know. :)

-Ride safe guys and gals.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
I just stuck one on my brand new shark, had one on the shoei also. It's just a matter of where it can go and making sure it's not in the way. I have mine off the the right shoulder near the chin. Apparently the mounts come off with a hair dryer and a lot of time. I have never pulled one off they just keep getting stuck in places.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
If you soak the adhesive part with GOO GONE for a few min before hitting it with the hair dryer....it makes a ton of difference! :thumbup:
that stuff is safe on all finishes, we use it to get crayon and such off of our kitchen table, paint transfer off of our cars, crayon off the walls in the house.....works great.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Even with the sticky mount you'll get the wind pulling it over a certain speed.
As for removal, like the others have said hair dryer.