ASV levers installed *pics*

even89

Reaction score
Visit site
In case you missed my previous post about these levers, this is the followup after a couple of days cruising with these babies.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/12989-asv-levers.html

307q5bq.jpg

Since I bought a couple of sets, I decided to install the standard lengths. The installation was a cinch... easiest mod evvvaaa. It took all of 10 minutes.

In comparison to TITAX levers I had before, the ASV is much more comfortable to use. As you can see in the pictures, the arms are rounded like stock. Pazzos and TITAX edges are much more square. Functionally, it provides a better feedback as you roll out the clutch.

The best feature is the adjustment. ASV provides a greater range simply by rolling the wheel. At the same time, these provides finer adjustments between one setting to the next.

Leverage effort wise, it definitely improved over stock and provided very good feel to be in sync with the bike.

Lastly, as you can see, the color matched perfectly to my Cobalt Blue. All in all, it's a mod that personalizes to each individual's hands and enhance the mechanics of already an awesome bike.

Thanks and enjoy the pics. More pictures are available in the gallery link below. PM me if you're interested in the other set.

Link to the rest of the gallery

2akj6p.jpg

34he2rd.jpg

156akw9.jpg

hi. are the levers sold? if not how much? they look very good.

even

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
MMMM Those are hot! I need a new clutch lever but just cant talk myself into dropping 125.. I do have a 25$ off card at cycle gear though.. Maybe I can justify 100 bucks

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's what the "shorty" version of the clutch lever looks like for comparison...I snagged this on ebay for $90. I wish I could find the brake lever to match!

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Here's what the "shorty" version of the clutch lever looks like for comparison...I snagged this on ebay for $90. I wish I could find the brake lever to match!
Thanks for that! :thumbup:

I was about to order a pair of 'shorty' ASVs for my Xmas present but I wonder if they might be a bit too short... how do you find it in use?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that! :thumbup:

I was about to order a pair of 'shorty' ASVs for my Xmas present but I wonder if they might be a bit too short... how do you find it in use?

I've taught myself to primarily use two fingers on both the clutch and the brake levers. I use my index and middle fingers to pull the lever back just until it hits the second knuckle in my ring finger. So for me, the length is prefect. I have large hands, and I'm able to use my index, middle and ring fingers on the lever if needed, so the length works out fine for me.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yo Bryan,

I think you can get the shorty brake direct from Yamaha not 90 bones though.

Yeah, it's like $130 after all is said and done. I lucked out on the clutch lever. It was some overstock that the store was trying to move, even if they didn't make much $$ on the item. I asked if they had the brake to match but no dice!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the black shorty's on my red 07, look real nice. They take a few rides to get used to but I really like them. Don't even notice them now.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, due to the pics, finally decided to go with new levers and grab the ASV's over the Pazzos.

I basically went with the inverse of what is pictured, shorty black levers, blue adjusters to go with my blue '09.

Unfortunately, they are my x-mas present from my parents. Thank god for being 30 and still receiving gifts. But this means I will have to wait until the end of December to install and post pics. Worst part about having to winterize and store the bike in my garage is that I constantly find myself ordering stuff to put on it so I can at least be near the bike.

It has been three days and I am already hurting. Can FZ6 withdrawl really start so quickly?

:)

Scorp