Armored Denim

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Has anybody tried these jean/motorcycle pants at all? If so, any comment on their fit or comfort? I mostly wear my riding pants only when it's cold out, but consider them too bulky and a hassle otherwise (a bad excuse, I know). If I owned a couple pairs of these I'd wear them every time I ride. :)

Cortech Mod Denim Pants Distressed Blue

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't worn those exact pants, but I wear Draggin Jeans all the time, (basically the same thing), very comfortable, and added protection of the Kevlar. Obviously not much help if you're dragging your knees though ;)

:rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't worn those exact pants, but I wear Draggin Jeans all the time, (basically the same thing), very comfortable, and added protection of the Kevlar. Obviously not much help if you're dragging your knees though ;)

:rockon:
Draggins for me too. Hubby and I have several pairs. Well worth the money. The only other brand I'd look at would be Hornee jeans, but they would have to be a really good deal, otherwise I'd rather pay for Draggin jeans.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wear the Sliders jeans, same thing. As stated, they'll probably protect against abrasions but not padded to prevent bruises/broken bones. I'd rather wear them on a hot day than my "ventilated" pants, which don't ventilate and the knee pads are stiff as boards, ugh.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I am also a Draggin fan. Does anyone use their "draggin Armor" or other knee pads? What are your thoughts?

cowauto

Stop raining on me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a pair of Draggin' Jeans, too. As soon as it gets too sweaty to wear the armoured over-trousers I crack these out. And with a combination of some EVS Motocross knee/shin pads they work wonders - they certainly saved me from having smashed knee caps with no skin covering the shards of bone when I had a disagreement with the road! :D

They're pretty comfy to boot and unlike leather trousers don't look silly when wandering about town or going for a coffee.

Reaction score
Visit site
I am also a Draggin fan. Does anyone use their "draggin Armor" or other knee pads? What are your thoughts?
I got the knee pads with the first pair of jeans I got from them. Used the pads once. For me, it is just about impossible to get them placed right with the way they velcro on the inside. I love the pants though. I've got 2 pairs now. They are as comfortable as any regular jeans I've had, unless it is very hot weather. I looked at some of the cortechs on sale at the local dealer a while back and they didn't seem to be as heavy duty as the Draggins. I don't have any firm data but my impression was that the denim was not as thick and that they did not have as much Kevlar.

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of each. The Cortechs are the little cheaper ones, and have the knee pads. The worst part about them is the armor rides too low to do any good. I had a tailor sew them in the top most position so they wont move, but they still aren't properly placed just better. Also Cortech does not offer my size so I had to get them too short. The draggin jeans are nice, but no armor, so I wear them in conjunction with icon knee/shin armor. The combo works ok and leave me best protected.

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I've used the Cortech jeans and tested them out at around 10-15mph. The jean materiel shredded instantly but the underlying leather was fine. If you hit anywhere other than the re-enforce areas expect them to rip.

Also like some others have said the padding/leather does not fit very well.

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to the introduction of Kevlar padded (arse and knee areas) jeans, the market has reduced the price of leather pants.
I only wear leather or Dri-Rider pants (rain gear with padding in knees and hips and arse)
lets face it, leather works best and always has done aye.
Rumps