Gear Review: SEDICI Umbria Waterproof Pants

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I had intended on buying the Tourmaster Caliber pants, but when I got to Cycle gear they didn't have my size. I tried on the Sedici Umbria pants and was pleasantly surprised on how well they fit over my jeans (I was looking for overpants). I wear a size 36 jean, so the salesman suggested a size 38 pant. Way to big, but the 36 was just right.

These are my first pair of motorcycle pants, so I'm afraid I don't have anything to compare them to, but I like them very much. They are waterproof and have a removable thermal liner, plus knee armor. The pants are not heavy or bulky when walking around, I actually kinda forgot they were even on over my jeans until it started to warm up. I rode in 37*F weather on the interstate and on surface roads for about an hour and 15 minutes without a stop, and my legs were perfectly warm.

I have no idea how they will be when it gets warm, so I can't comment on that. There are vents and the liner is removable so I hope they will be Ok for warmer weather as well.

The only thing I would have liked to have been added would be to have some Velcro straps on the bottom of the pant leg so you could tighten them against your boot. Although it wasn't uncomfortable, at higher speeds I would get a cold breeze blow up my calf from around the boot.

I plan on riding all year, just to see if I can comfortably, and I believe these will allow me to do just that.

They are $139 at cycle gear, but they are on sale right now for $119 (not sure for how long). I would recommend these pants for anyone looking for a budget deal on a good pair of warm pants.

Here's what Cycle Gear has listed for Features:
Features and Benefits

Lifetime Guarantee
600 denier durable outer material
1200 denier abrasion resistant material on thighs and knees
Waterproof/breathable membrane lining
Dual-layer waterproof storm flap
Pre-curved sport fit
Air flow vent system for improved climate control
Molded and padded knee panels
Reflective details for increased visibility
Quilted satin detachable lining