Aprilia Tuono or Triumph Speed Triple - Which One?

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Folks,

In about a year, I'd like to upgrade to either a Aprilia Tuono (2007 to 2010) or a Triumph Speed Triple (2007 to 2010).

Which one do you like better and why? Discuss...

Thanks!

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Aprilia due to the looks, the sound and those sexy sexy pipes. Plus the advantage of having the R model with all those sweet upgrades. I sure do love Tuono's!

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I can now comment here because the shop just took in an Aprilia and I've ridden the Speed before.

Tuono all the way. The chassis is absolutely fantastic because it feels small, but only when YOU want it to. The Triumph is small always but the motor has a smoother characteristic when you are just cruising. The Tuono wants to have its engine at 4500-8500 all the time.

The brakes are equivalent, the power is equivalent. I just rode yesterday with my friend who has the Speed Triple & we were neck and neck when getting on the power from 10mph.

The Aprilia will leave you with a better feeling...kinda like this:

meg-ryan-orgasm-face.jpg

Whereas the Triumph will make you feel like this:

tumblr_lbyzvuj9xW1qd2jjto1_400.jpg

So, what do you want to get out of it?

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Tuono... I've drooled over one in the dealers showroom. I actually considered selling a Kidney to pay for one. Sadly, the dealer could not find a buyer for my Kidney and we couldn't strike a deal.

I want a Tuono R in the worst possible way!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about the Speed Triple didn't razz your berries? Just Curious...

Mainly the suspension. Power, looks, finish - everything else was great. For $1500 Mike could have changed it but he had already spent a lot on the bike and didn't think it was worth it. He did love that bike. We all have our idea of a dream bike. Mike thought the S3 would be the one. It wasn't. He's on the hunt again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get me wrong people, if we could afford to pay CASH only for another bike, we'd have the FZ6, XJR1300, Speed Triple AND ANOTHER as yet un-named bike in the shed, to keep the Kodiak Quad company.

But, we can't afford it right now, so he has to get rid of a bike to buy another one.

He did LOVE the S3 but it wasn't his TRUE LOVE if you get what I mean.

:)

cws6fan

Parrothead
Reaction score
Visit site
Tuono all the way, but I am just a wee bit biased. Although, that triple does sound awesome, it just can't compare to the T with a set of MIVVs in it. Another bike to consider would be the Ducati monster.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Personally, I love the Speed Triple's. In fact, I got one shortly after I traded in my FZ6 a couple years ago. Great ride, lots of power, and just flat out fun. However, the fact that you're asking whether or not to get an S3 or a Tuono, well that's almost an unfair question. Even I'd go with the Tuono.

:rockon:

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing that might be a deciding factor is comfort for longer trips - i.e. which has the more aggressive riding position. I like to go on long rides, visiting my folks in TN, etc.

Any input?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Never ridden either, but i'll go against the grain and the the Speed Trip. I know i would look out of place on that Tuono, cool a bike as it is but i've always liked the look of the Speed and i wouldn't mind putting a Triumph in my garage :thumbup: