Aprilia Tuono or Triumph Speed Triple - Which One?

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
The Tuono will be much more forgiving for that long of a trip, and the triple will not. knee angle will not be nice

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing that might be a deciding factor is comfort for longer trips - i.e. which has the more aggressive riding position. I like to go on long rides, visiting my folks in TN, etc.

Any input?

26w0096IKVRJUyUyUy0.png

26w0264IKVRJUyUyUy0.png

Motorcycle Ergonomics
Cool website, can input bar risers and your height etc to see effects on angles it would have

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The S3 has a fairly upright position, with the rear sets a little farther back than the FZ6. If you want to seat yourself in a more aggressive position, you can, but for cruising it's upright. I don't know much about the aprilia, never seen one in person to sit on it so I can't say.

On a recent group ride we did 400+ miles. I was thinking I would be more fatigued on the S3 than the FZ6 but that was not the case. It was a comfortable ride. The stock suspension is stiff but it's not an issue. I don't think 2-up riding on the S3 would be very comfortable however.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say the Aprilia on looks. I haven't ridden either. I would say if you can ride both and see what you like more.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing that might be a deciding factor is comfort for longer trips - i.e. which has the more aggressive riding position. I like to go on long rides, visiting my folks in TN, etc.

Any input?

very relevant. the guy that works across the street from me has a Speed3 and hates taking it on long trips because it hurts his back also i am in TN, the hills make a bike like either very fun especially near knoxville. hes not very tall, about 5'10'' but the tuono appears to be even more aggressive. as far as sound he has an Arrow pipe and it sounds amazing also noted is the 1050cc motor not the petty 675 like a couple have referred it to have. and in terms of reliability the triumph has the ape beat 100:1.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very relevant. the guy that works across the street from me has a Speed3 and hates taking it on long trips because it hurts his back also i am in TN, the hills make a bike like either very fun especially near knoxville. hes not very tall, about 5'10'' but the tuono appears to be even more aggressive. as far as sound he has an Arrow pipe and it sounds amazing also noted is the 1050cc motor not the petty 675 like a couple have referred it to have. and in terms of reliability the triumph has the ape beat 100:1.

I don't know about the new Triumph's but the older ones are a nightmare to work on. My dad has had a few in his shop and each had electrical issues....