Apprx. Cost of naked conversion and R6 front forks?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
It really depends on how nice you want it. There are lots of areas where you can (but don't have to) spend a lot of dough - Signals, mirrors, levers - hell you can even put in a projector if you want.

My costs - (memory is pretty foggy right now)
VS01/2 headlight cost me around 200?
New signals all around - 70?
Grips/Levers/new bars (clip ons) - 150?
Projector kit - 180?

I've seen R6 forks from anywhere between 300 and 700 - I'd say 500 might be a good estimate on the parts, but it all depends on what's included.

Bare minimum you'll wind up spending is probably 6-700 - but I'd expect you to be closer to 1000 if you want to get it the way you want it.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys what's the apprx. cost of naked conversion and R6 front forks?

R6S forks should be around $200-250 shipped, minus the naked conversion:BLAA:
Mine were $250 shipped, but had some crash damage that was not in the description. I ended up getting a partial refund, so $190.
The fender kit, I think, was 80 bucks from dako81.

Last edited:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Well - Joe proved me wrong - I'm mainly looking at those new sexy gold USD r6 forks/complete front ends instead of the ones that actually fit our bikes.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well - Joe proved me wrong - I'm mainly looking at those new sexy gold USD r6 forks/complete front ends instead of the ones that actually fit our bikes.

It just depends what you want, I didn't have the budget for usd forks nor the desire to hunt down the rest of the parts needed.

tamucc2004

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought the needed bearings from All Balls last night and they were $60 shipped.

Just going off Ebay a lower R6 Triple is about $120 to $150. I just bought one for $40 that has a tab broken. Top clamps will be about $50. Gold forks are going to run you about $250 to $500 depending on where you get them from. That said I picked up a black set for $100 that need new fork seals. Dont forget you will need a R6 rotors about $65-$135. I also am going to use extra R6 calipers I have and a R6 MC and Acerbis Cyclops headlight. Oh and fender $20-$60.

I ended up buying a few parts and selling/trading other to offset alot of the cost. We will see how long that last when I get into the actual work.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Really depends if you're in a hurry or not and stumble on a good deals for the hard parts; are you opting for full custom or bolt on?
Full custom being inverted forks.
Bolt on being R6S or early R6 (04 an down).

This is the dividing cost turning it from $350 to $550 project for forks and lighting to a $600 +++

Results and opinions will vary with every crash! :spank::spank:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my dilemma.

Originally I was planning to get myself either the Ducati 1100 Evo or the Speed Triple but in the end I ended up with Suzuki Vstrom.

So now I need to compromise and I want to do a naked conversion for sure.

I would love to to the inverted forks as well. But I am just trying to see what the cost of that might be. I have no access to milling tools so I would be waiting to buy off the complete kit off somebody.

If the cost and time to do the conversion will come out too prohibitive for me I might just end up selling the fizerr and gtting the new FZ-09. I love the triple cylinder engine design and I would be completely happy with that bike.