Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Whiteforestjeskar

Back up of female power
Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I need a lot of meds guys! Really you just ask. Wolfy awkward thing is just yesterday he said you cand be sick anymore. Then bam! Sick! I'll be better by the time you guys get here I have all day tomorrow to rest:):)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just fixed up the noise issue with the Shoei XR1100's and the Sena! Was driving me nuts with the clamp mount...air rushing between mount and lid making horrendous noise....solution, high density rubber cut to shape, between Sena mount & helmet...hey presto! Quiet helmet again...which is a good thing, as i was not impressed, and would of ridden without the Sena if i could'nt fix it! Faaaaark it was loud!

I know what you were talking about now Mike...was insanely loud!

As for Jess, we will dose her up on Vitamin C, stuff her full of garlic, horseradish, antibiotics, etc, etc....and hopefully it will piss off! Cant believe how often Jess has been hit with this in last few months!

:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need a lot of meds guys! Really you just ask. Wolfy awkward thing is just yesterday he said you cand be sick anymore. Then bam! Sick! I'll be better by the time you guys get here I have all day tomorrow to rest:):)

Now that i have deciphered what you just typed....Jess is right, i am in disbelief that Jess is sick again....Jess is the one that sleeps, hardlyt drinks, etc, etc, etc. I am the one who treats his body like poop, and i hardly ever get sick! Just injured lots!

Re injuries, my wrist has been a lot better in last 48 hours...am going to stay off the bike till Wednesday next week now, to give the wrist a decent rest before we go...

With all the riding i have been doing, it was getting very swollen, and quite useless! It's gonna be totally crap by the time we get back to Adelaide i reckon....

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the Mule has a new set of hoops keeping the rims off the ground...Bridgestone BT016's as i had planned. Flushing the radiator tonight, just to make sure all is good...some new coolant cant be a bad thing before such a big trip...

Just need to get my Bagster bag fixed tomorrow, and the bike is all set to rock n roll!

:rockon:

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At least getting sick now is good timing. You should come good in time for the trip, and won't be likely to get sick again, until you get back :BLAA:.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got the radiator flushed! It was feral! Flushed about twenty liters of water through it, cleaned the overflow tank, radiator cap, etc. Put coolant instead of just water in it!!! The recommended type from the service manual!!

So now the steed is ready to go apart from a quick tub up and a lube Job! :eek:

One less thing to worry about before we go.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Then bake in a moderate oven for about 2 hours :BLAA:

LOL! you idiot! :ban:

One thing is for sure, i will not be drinking at "work" next Wednesday night...cause if i feel like i do today, next Thursday, it's gonna be a long long ride to PI!

And i thought i took it reasonably easy on the sauce last night! :(

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL! you idiot! :ban:

One thing is for sure, i will not be drinking at "work" next Wednesday night...cause if i feel like i do today, next Thursday, it's gonna be a long long ride to PI!

And i thought i took it reasonably easy on the sauce last night! :(

That's not what the text I got at 4:27 AM said....lol:BLAA:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, i sat down with Mikey last night, this morning, armed us with the map of Tassie that Mike sentboth Humpy & Me, Google Earth, Google Maps, and set about going over our route, that Humpy had so thoroughly laid out for us.

Armed with Google Earth, i could get a real close look at the roads, with the map thatMike gave us, i could see which roads where unsealed, etc....

We found about 60-100km's of dirt in the original maps, and worked around that,and came up with some great looking alternatives to avoid the slippery stuff!

We also added in a ride to Scottsdale up to St Helens, and back...looks like an awesome bit of blacktop...on day one, instead of heading through the heavily populated coastal area in the northeast...

Day one is now our second biggest rdiding day on this alternative ride map, with 425km's in total for the day.

Changed Day two just a wee bit, to avoid about 10km's of dirt road, but we still end up at St Helens again, but we come around the way Humpy had originally outlined, via Avoca, rather than the "top" way through Scottsdale, like on day one.

Day 2 is another of our 3 longish days, at 390km's.

DAY 3 is where i changed the route rather significantly, to avoid about 60km's of dirt up around the Central Plateau....looks very desert like up there anyway! We would now go through Cramps Bay, through to Hollow Tree...which all looks rather tasty!!Then on to Hobart.

Day 3 would now be our lightest travel day, with only 237km's ridden.

Day 4 is now our longest day, with an addition to Humpy's original route, to include the run down to Port Arthur, before we head up to Swansea, Campbell Town, down to Oatlands, then Back To Hobart...

DAY 4 Would now be a 470km ride....

This inclusion of Port Arthur on Day 4, instead of on Day 5 as on Humpy's original schedule, would be so that on Day 5 we could do the following, outlined below.

Day 5, we could get in a run up to Strathgordon, and maybe even as far the as Gordon River dam, where the very nice looking road turns to dirt...., this road to Strathgordon looks incredible, lots of big open sweepers all the way along it, then back to Hobart!

Day 5 would now be a 312km day...

Day 6, nothing changes, it's Hobart to Strathan,via Queenstown, and the 99 bends!

Day 6 is a 300km day.

Day 7 is pretty much as Humpy has posted previously, and is a pretty easy 260km run back to Devonport! with another go at the 99 bends, and some other nice twisties near Roseberry, through to Somerset, then it's a run along the densely populated coastal area on the way back to Devonport.

All up we would now be travelling 2404km's over the 7 days...which is an average of 340km's a day, or thereabouts...

Here is a copy of the whole map, for the whole 7 days! WARNING, IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE WHILE TO LOAD...IT HAS 25 DESTINATIONS INCLUDED IN THE MAP!

Devonport TAS to Devonport TAS - Google Maps

If everyone likes it, i will do a seperate map for everyday,and post the links....

I think it includes just about everything on the original tour itinerary, cuts out a bit of straighter stuff, cuts down the total km's ridden by about 700km's as well, without missing out too much...

By the way, we had a look on Google Earth down below Hobart, the roads are narrow, and in what looks like suburbs of Hobart, so i didnt bother scheduling a ride down there...

Anyway, let me know what you think people....

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LMFAO! Loaded in about 6 seconds:BLAA:.

All looks pretty good to me (not that I'm going...lol.). I can testify to the fact that a lot of study went into it, hence the fact that I'm posting this up, after getting home from work and Jamie's place, at 5:30AM...lol...My bro just left for work:eek::BLAA:.

A couple of shorter days, with loaded bikes, will give you guys plenty of time to move from accom. to accom. and have a bit of a look around, and there is only one little straight section, on day 2....the rest is twisty as slug in salt:rockon::BLAA:.