Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And it was from this point onwards that this became an epic journey, with participants coming from 3 states, with 6 States travelled through at some point!

Nearly 60000km's in total travelled by bike, car, & ferry between the 6 of us!

Excited.....

Just a little!

:rockon:

Thats is some EPIC mileage mate , we have to find a local rag somewhere to carry our story surely :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$630 for tyres :eek: :eek: :eek: You guys get raped badly over there :spank:

My only cost me $425 including stems , my new rear when I get it will only be $256 ;)

Yes i thought $480 was expensive, and that's as good as it's gonna get in Adelaide, but $630 is a lot! The "Tyranny of Distance" maybe???

Humpy, you must take your towel when you get tyres....they are awesome prices!

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats is some EPIC mileage mate , we have to find a local rag somewhere to carry our story surely :thumbup:

Well i am taking two camera's for video, and photo's, and intend to write a blog, or ride report at the end of each day's ride, and i guess i am not alone in doing stuff like this.

It is a pretty unique trip, People coming from such far starting points, even the mix of bikes, and the male to female rider ratio, etc...

The trip across the Nullaboor for Mike & Kazza is going to make the ride to Melbourne seem like a ride to the shop for milk in terms of length of hours of nothingness!

I dont reckon i would mind Humpy & Kel's ride to the Island, some decent roads amongst the roads travelled there...

Still 2000km's each way to the Island makes it a long long ride, by the time you chuck Tassie into the Mix!

Whiteforestjeskar

Back up of female power
Reaction score
www.facebook.com
So today I got my belated Christmas/valentines day present.. Good thing a girl can never be too safe!!

31c2dabc-6b1e-2d87.jpg

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looky what Humpy just found :eek:

We all know what this headlight belongs to :thumbup: now fess up whoever you are :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya1wk7NL8FY]YouTube - Ride up 99 Bends. Queenstown, Tasmania. (Edited version)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G3IZygtIlQ&feature=related]YouTube - Riding from Strahan to Queenstown, Tasmania[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCJq0DlXVFA&feature=related]YouTube - Quick ride up the mountain - Poatina Road TAS[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gave my 12 year old + Clover WP Technorally jacket it's first ever wash in the washing machine last night....Far out! It came up like brand new! Woop! Woop!

It's all coming together!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, just finished my shopping for the trip.

A brand new pair of Draggin Jeans.

The best part is - I'VE GONE DOWN A SIZE :steve: :steve: :steve:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, just finished my shopping for the trip.

A brand new pair of Draggin Jeans.

The best part is - I'VE GONE DOWN A SIZE :steve: :steve: :steve:

That's awesome news, hope you still fit in them by the time we leave Tassie! Lots of good eating to do down that way i reckon!

Only taking one set of Kevlar Jeans....my 2 year old Hornee's...which Jess took up for me last night, as they were 6 inch's too long in the leg! WTF!

Am going to see whether we can get Jess a pair at PI, at the expo, for a decent discount!

heath_AU

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All. Yes Squires is good but quite pricey and can get VERY packed there on nights and weekends. The local biker (not bikie) hangout is Joes Garage. Its way cool. A bunch of us head there every tuesday night.
Check it out - Joe's Garage

Or there are a stack of other great places all along salamanca place. (thats where squires is)

Cant wait to catch up with you all

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All. Yes Squires is good but quite pricey and can get VERY packed there on nights and weekends. The local biker (not bikie) hangout is Joes Garage. Its way cool. A bunch of us head there every tuesday night.

Or there are a stack of other great places all along salamanca place. (thats where squires is)

Been to Squires in Melbourne (Docklands and their old one in the city) and to the Perth one in Murray Street - gotta make it a trifecta and try the one in Tassie - especially when they have JS Porter on tap :iconbeer: :drool: :cheer:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Tht place looks Awesome, pity we are in Launceston on Tuesday night! But we will be in Hobart on Wed, Thursday, And Friday night!