Anyone running an M4 Exhaust???

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey everybody! Im new to this forum and im dying to get a new exhaust for my 05 FZ6...i see that a lot of ppl are using the two bros but i wanted to try something different! I see that the carbon m4 is for $650 n is a little cheaper than tha carbon TB. If anyone has an M4 how loud is it compared to the TB? and any performance enhancements..hp..torque?

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the carbon m4 on my wifes bike and I love them. Sound better than my scorpions. PM me and I'll tell you where I bought mine for $599 shipped.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the carbon m4 on my wifes bike and I love them. Sound better than my scorpions. PM me and I'll tell you where I bought mine for $599 shipped.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks...PM sent

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, since you are now officially a member to this fabulous forum, you can utilize the Search Tab to find out just about anything you want.

Since after market exhaust are one of the most popular mods, you have dozens of threads you can read. If you want to get more specific with the M4's, you may want to include M4 as the key word when typing in your search.

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the M4 Titanium Cans, and I think they sound and look great. Unfortunately, I have no way to compare them to the Two Brothers exhaust, but I am very happy with them. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIquQ9QbAOQ"]If you havn't been to youtube yet to check out the videos, this one isn't too bad.[/ame]

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone get a powercommander??? when i plan to get the exhaust i was thinking of getting a pcIII but i dont kno if i wanna pay another $350 to that $600 exhaust:(

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Power commander is not needed. I suggest you reset your bike's computer (by unplugging your battery for a few seconds) after the install. The bike will readjust itself for the new exhaust.

kananaskis

Reaction score
Visit site
I am wondering about that as well...
I have heard that the bike will adjust automatically if the computer is reset and others have said it will run like s#it... How many of you folks have had success with a computer reset and did any of you end up going with a PCIII afterwards??

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks nimzotech...im wondering about this too if this works cuz it will make my wallet happier to just unplug the battery!:steve:

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone has an M4 how loud is it compared to the TB?

I went riding with a buddy the other day. He has the TB system, but he rides a Honda 919. I think my M4 was louder and better sounding, but they are different bikes. Did you end up deciding which system to get?

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im getting the M4 exhaust thanks to FAZR6...he got the hook up lol:rockon:

You mean they actually gave you MY price...bastards...you wait til I call them today... lol J/K Glad I could help. Everybody needs to save money these days.:mikebike:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard that the bike will adjust automatically if the computer is reset and others have said it will run like s#it... How many of you folks have had success with a computer reset and did any of you end up going with a PCIII afterwards??
It works. Great. PowerCommander is good if you have lots of cash to spend on buying it and then getting it tuned on a dyno. Otherwiser you're not getting the best out of it. Personally I'd rather spend my money on other things! :spank:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Along with M4's I also have a freer K&N air filter. When I put the M4's on my idle got a little rough, and I couldn't tell any difference in the rest of the rpm/load range.
Battery died, and I installed a new one; the rough idle was still there. It doesn't seem to affect anything else so a PCIII isn't on my radar (I still haven't used the full capability of this beastie as-is! :rolleyes:).

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the m4 titanium's with a k&n filter and a pcIII at first I just ran a zero map and the bike didn't seem to run as smooth the I programed it with a map for leo's ant the bike ran much better I still want to get it dyno tuned though.