Anyone regear?

S

sportrider

I was looking at some of the posts, regarding speedo error and I've kicked around lowering my cruising RPMs by regearing, I was thinking about dropping a couple teeth in the rear. I don't want to sacrafice acceleration just drop the rpms a little on top anyone know the ratio for rpm/speed/gear I've seen one on another site but its not for the FZ6, I know some Engineer out there can whip this up and post it!!!:thumbup:

kimbo59

Reaction score
Visit site
I went up a tooth to 17 for the front sprocket. It puuled my speedo back to very near actual speeds according to the LEO with the ticket book- pity about the $150 fine though.

I am happpy with this simple mod and will replace the 17t front sprocket with another when the time comes

cheers ...kimbo

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Anytime you change the gearing you will sacrifice one to get another. For instance, sacrifice acceleration to get a good cruising RPM. One tooth can make all the difference in the world. I put up some info about it if you want to read it. It is under the mod section. I put together some general info about regearing.

S

sportrider

Anytime you change the gearing you will sacrifice one to get another. For instance, sacrifice acceleration to get a good cruising RPM. One tooth can make all the difference in the world. I put up some info about it if you want to read it. It is under the mod section. I put together some general info about regearing.
thanks I'll check it out. :thumbup:

H

HavBlue

I've run the 15T and the stock 16T. The 15T makes the bike far more aggressive both in terms of throttle response and low end acceleration. The bike looses almost 2mpg with the way I ride and without the speedo healer the speedometer is off by almost 20mph at a true 70mph. You will also find the aftermarket gear to be noisier as it won't have the insulator.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've run the 15T and the stock 16T. The 15T makes the bike far more aggressive both in terms of throttle response and low end acceleration. The bike looses almost 2mpg with the way I ride and without the speedo healer the speedometer is off by almost 20mph at a true 70mph. You will also find the aftermarket gear to be noisier as it won't have the insulator.

Don't some companies sell the after market gears with the insulator?

H

HavBlue

Don't some companies sell the after market gears with the insulator?

I've never seen one and I questioned this when I got mine from the dealer. I suppose somebody does but the added noise was never an issue for me.