Anyone raced an R6 against an FZ6?

FastZipper6

Reaction score
Visit site
The question has probably been asked before but I was just curious at how much the R6 beat the FZ6 by. Was it not even close or not too bad? Just how fast does the R6 go anyway?

Thanks.

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my friend had an R1 (2001) I may say I could keep up with him rather good. Ok, he was always in the lead with the R6.
It's a complete different story since he has the FZ1. Now way I am able to keep up. The FZ1 is way, way to fast. :ban:

I want him to buy back his R6, or I could buy the FZ1.........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
We got a guy who has a track ready fz6. He reckons on his good days, he can keep up with the liter bikes.

Many a beemer ate my dust, and they got double the engine size.

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve been riding bikes for 28 yrs and ever since Yamaha introduced the R6 in 1999 I’ve wanted one. A mate and I often ride together; he on his 2008 YZF R-6 and I on my 2006 FZ6 Fazer. The R6 is the got to be the fastest 600 on EARTH! It’s like driving naked through cactus bushes in the desert, but as smooth as lesbian ham on your pizza. I recommend buying this bike if you’re ready to have your clothes ripped off your body by hot young women.

FZ6-ZN

A

Aggietaco

It’s like driving naked through cactus bushes in the desert, but as smooth as lesbian ham on your pizza. I recommend buying this bike if you’re ready to have your clothes ripped off your body by hot young women.

FZ6-ZN

Ummm, wat?

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
My best friend rides an 06 R6 and we race all the time getting on the interstate. This last time we raced, I rode neck to neck with him until 100 and then he started to pull ahead. He wanted to ride my bike while I worked on tuning his, and was very impressed with the torque. Especially since the motor is almost identical with different tuning curves.

TKarrade

Software Simian
Reaction score
www.playeralliance.com
It's not about the bike so much, it's more about the riders abilities.
QFE. My buddy has a R6 but has only been riding about 1/3 of the time I have been, so I have no problems keeping up. I spent my first 5 years riding a 1993 Ninja Ex500, so I got used to squeezing every bit of power out of a bike.

FZ6S2LDN

Reaction score
Visit site
My mate has an R6 2008, I have an FZ6 S2 (naked) 2008. We've had a few sprints, and off the lights I can beat him, but once you hit the top end of third gear the R6 wins. The R6 has a higher top end (roughly 170), whereas the FZ6 is only around 150, however the fz6 has a better low end, therefore accelerates from 0, quicker. Both bikes were stock when all the aboce happened.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I’ve been riding bikes for 28 yrs and ever since Yamaha introduced the R6 in 1999 I’ve wanted one. A mate and I often ride together; he on his 2008 YZF R-6 and I on my 2006 FZ6 Fazer. The R6 is the got to be the fastest 600 on EARTH! It’s like driving naked through cactus bushes in the desert, but as smooth as lesbian ham on your pizza. I recommend buying this bike if you’re ready to have your clothes ripped off your body by hot young women.

FZ6-ZN

Lesbian ham on my pizza???? I'm trying to draw a mental image of that...

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site

FZ6-ZN

LOL. I have never heard this expression before... Funny. I did't know they make/have lesbian ham on my pizza. Where can I go get that... must be nice.. :thumbup:

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I raced my friend on his R6, same as people are saying. We are neck and neck until around 100, then it's lights out. I've ridden it a few times and it seems more bogged down at low rpms than the FZ6 but obviously has more top end. Uncomfortable as hell though and it feels tiny and loose.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I raced my friend on his R6, same as people are saying. We are neck and neck until around 100, then it's lights out. I've ridden it a few times and it seems more bogged down at low rpms than the FZ6 but obviously has more top end. Uncomfortable as hell though and it feels tiny and loose.

Ive had the same experience as everyone else, i can get the R6 out of the hole but it pulls harder up top. but i also think that the R6 is alittle on the loose side compared to my FZ im much more comfortable pushing the FZ hard than when i ride my buddys R6

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The question has probably been asked before but I was just curious at how much the R6 beat the FZ6 by. Was it not even close or not too bad? Just how fast does the R6 go anyway?

Thanks.

In a straight line? Stock for stock?

All I know is that a bone stock 2008 R6 will crush a bone stock 2008 FZ6 on a curvy race track given riders of equal skill. By how much? Depends on the track but it wouldn't be that close. Suspension, brakes, weight, ground clearance, and lets not forget power and gearing.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Really don't race each other, as it's kind of reckless around the streets here in LV. Plus way too many cops. But we have talked about going to the drag races to compete against each other. Anyway, these two bikes are side by side every night...........in the garage.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive had the same experience as everyone else, i can get the R6 out of the hole but it pulls harder up top. but i also think that the R6 is alittle on the loose side compared to my FZ im much more comfortable pushing the FZ hard than when i ride my buddys R6

I don't think an R6 is loose in anyway. It's probably just that you're used to your FZ6. I think it would also depend on what year/model R6 it is. An 03-05 or an R6S has more power in the lower rpm range than the 06 and up R6. Plus the suspension on an R6 is three way adjustable front and back. Just my opinion having owned an R6 and now having the FZ6. Never got to race them though.