Anyone miss a silver frame and silver wheels?

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking about getting a FZ6, but really love the older 2005 models that had silver wheels and a silver frame. Does anyone else miss this? Am I crazy for being turned of by the black wheels and black frame? Do you think Yamaha will offer the silver combo again?

Thanks

Yankee

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, but only for a few days.

The black frame just grows on me.... I am loving it... plus the new rims is lighter than the silver one as well, check out the spec sheet of the pre-2006 model... the weight difference is like 30+ pounds.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the silver engine, and I've been considering going down the polished lip route on my wheels. :D

H

HavBlue

If I was to buy or be in the market for the FZ6 as it has been since they went black I would have been looking elsewhere. I didn't care for the combination the first time I saw it and still don't. The bike is awesome but all that black is just so blah.....

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well honestly if you think the black on black is blah then silver on silver would have the same effect?????:rolleyes: The black is a cleaner look, plus you can add chrome pieces to make the bike shiny you add chrome to a silver bike then you are kinda wasting your time. With the black everything you do is noticable! plus you tend not to notice the chain lube as much:thumbup:

H

HavBlue

well honestly if you think the black on black is blah then silver on silver would have the same effect?????:rolleyes: The black is a cleaner look, plus you can add chrome pieces to make the bike shiny you add chrome to a silver bike then you are kinda wasting your time. With the black everything you do is noticable! plus you tend not to notice the chain lube as much:thumbup:

Nah, you got it all wrong, on the silver you add black powdercoat. The problem with black is the dirt factor as they always show it. Have you ever had a black on black cage? They look awesome when clean and that means 4 hours of polishing for 1 hour of driving.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a silver 2004. I traded some silver wheels for black wheels which I use now.

My tank needs to be painted and I have a really nice belly pan from France that needs paint as well. I don't know exactly what color combo to go with and will probably start a thread asking for input at some point....sorry for rambling.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't like the black when I first saw it, but it grew on me so much that I know have a black 08! Everything is black, it's super sleek. I'm thinking about chroming some of the silver to make it stand out.

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
I'm still a few weeks away from purchasing my first FZ, but I'm sticking with an 06-07 because I think the black just looks tremendously sharp... It looks good with any color combination, the silver is more dependent on what the rest of the bike looks like, in my humble opinion.

W

wrightme43

I have a silver 2004. I traded some silver wheels for black wheels which I use now.

My tank needs to be painted and I have a really nice belly pan from France that needs paint as well. I don't know exactly what color combo to go with and will probably start a thread asking for input at some point....sorry for rambling.

Pinstripes Nate!!! You need pinstriping. Its the only answer! Pinstriping FTW:rockon:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I am loving the blue. But maybe I am just biased. Not sure about the silver hugger. But its growing on me.

I am just not a fan of the full fairing on our bikes. Just looks out of place.

-bryan

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I like this pic of my silver...little dirty but you get the point
2215868892_7ef982eaf0_b.jpg

black rear, silver front, silver forks and swingarm :D

2193673809_cc21ab2eb1_b.jpg

black swingarm, silver wheels, black forks
2391985505_1f8652a545_b.jpg

now I just have to post a recent picture with the black wheels and black swing arm and black forks...shizzle

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nah, you got it all wrong, on the silver you add black powdercoat. The problem with black is the dirt factor as they always show it. Have you ever had a black on black cage? They look awesome when clean and that means 4 hours of polishing for 1 hour of driving.

last car was black.... i get what ya mean with the dust but i was thinking more along the lines of bugs, lubes, etc. they show up more on silver! wasnt really referring to the dust because at a distance you tend not to notice it unless its really bad!

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i like the black wheels just like im sure silver wheels on a black bike would look good. its different i guess thats what i like the best!

H

HavBlue

Nate, was there a clean spot on that bike somewhere?:thumbup:

I would like blue metallic spokes and chrome outer rings.