Anyone have Valter Moto Type 2 rear sets?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm thinking about picking up a set of the Valter Moto Type 2 rear sets, but I wanted to see if anyone has or has had the Type 2 version and if so, what you think of them? These are the non-adjustable ones, but they come in a wide range of colors (I was thinking of going with the blue).

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_125_559_562&products_id=2307

I've got OSO2K's setback plates on mine at the moment and love them, but I thought these might be a nice change of pace. Plus, PJ just started carrying Valter Moto stuff and I always try and give him my business.

Any thoughts or reviews?

jcfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Those look really nice! But for the money there isn't a whole lot of adjustment available, at least from what I can tell by the description and pics. But if you don't plan to change position much, then go for it anyway.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I knew Wolfman has them on at least one of his FZ6's, but I think he's got the Type 3 (or 3.5). Those are completely adjustable bit I'm not sure I'd ever use that adjustment. VM also has the Type 1 which are less than $200, and also not adjustable, but they only come in black and silver and I'm really feeling the blue. =)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of type 3 valtermoto's on the black bike, and I di have a set of type 2 valtermoto's on my other fz. Neither are adjustable for position without the use of the valtermoto backset plates, which give you 3 choices of position, on top of the already higher, and slightly further rearward set up of the valtermoto's without the backset plates!

Great kit! Not only do you get more ground clearance, but you also get better gearchanging, due to the valtermoto's being much more rigid, than the rubber mounted OEM rearsets.

You might get a bit if a sore foot, from the gearshift lever on the top of your foot without boots though, as there is no rubber on the gearshift lever with valtermoto's. But you can get a rubber covered shift lever peg from valtermoto's accessories catalogue.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman, I knew I could depend on you for some great information! And I didn't realize there was a separate back plate that could make them adjustable. I've actually noticed that back plate in some of the pictures but didn't realize it was an "optional" piece. That's great to know!

As far as the sore foot because of the shifter, I never ride the bike without at least proper touring-type boots, so that wouldn't be a problem. Most of the time I'm wearing my Sidi Vertigos anyway.

Hmm, now I'm pretty sold on these. If anyone else has anything to add, I'll take it. And if I do go with these, I'll be sure to post a full install and review.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman, I knew I could depend on you for some great information! And I didn't realize there was a separate back plate that could make them adjustable. I've actually noticed that back plate in some of the pictures but didn't realize it was an "optional" piece. That's great to know!

As far as the sore foot because of the shifter, I never ride the bike without at least proper touring-type boots, so that wouldn't be a problem. Most of the time I'm wearing my Sidi Vertigos anyway.

Hmm, now I'm pretty sold on these. If anyone else has anything to add, I'll take it. And if I do go with these, I'll be sure to post a full install and review.

You won't be disappointed, try them without the backset plates at first, that might be enough with a normal riding position....I only found the optional backset plates necessary with the clip-on bars set up.

And as for the rubber peg cover, I don't have these, as I too only ride with my Sidi Vertigo's on!

Good luck, and enjoy the quality.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them and love them! I have them on straight up with no adjustment plate and it's fine. I actually like the plastic shifter - it doesn't wear down like the rubber shifter knob (and also doesn't make a mark on my nice white sneakers when I'm squidding it up :squid:).

Alright Wolfy, my chance to pay the install advice forward: You have to switch your brake switch from the stock mechanical to a hydraulic. It wasn't that hard to do, it just goes in place of the banjo bolt on the master cylinder. Sorry I don't have install pics but it will be obvious to you when you get in there.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them and love them! I have them on straight up with no adjustment plate and it's fine. I actually like the plastic shifter - it doesn't wear down like the rubber shifter knob (and also doesn't make a mark on my nice white sneakers when I'm squidding it up :squid:).

Alright Wolfy, my chance to pay the install advice forward: You have to switch your brake switch from the stock mechanical to a hydraulic. It wasn't that hard to do, it just goes in place of the banjo bolt on the master cylinder. Sorry I don't have install pics but it will be obvious to you when you get in there.

Yep, and if you are looking for a hydraulic brake light switch that fits, go no further than the item found on a Yamaha trail bike, like a WR450.

:thumbup:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site

Yep, and if you are looking for a hydraulic brake light switch that fits, go no further than the item found on a Yamaha trail bike, like a WR450.

:thumbup:

Great advice, guys! Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Type 1 's . Crashed 2 times @ high speed with them on track (the first crash my bike did a double side flip :Flash: ) ... they still live and function well. Valtermoto is seriously good stuff :thumbup: .

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Type 1 's . Crashed 2 times @ high speed with them on track (the first crash my bike did a double side flip :Flash: ) ... they still live and function well. Valtermoto is seriously good stuff :thumbup: .

Do you have any pictures of the Type 1s on your bike? Id really like to see how they look compared to the nicer versions.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have any pictures of the Type 1s on your bike? Id really like to see how they look compared to the nicer versions.

I found one (crappy) picture online of the type 1 mounted to an FZ6...

Grtz,

Degake

Last edited:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
PJ Parts' said its $15 for the rear brake switch, and $80 for heel guards for the Type 1. Effectively almost $300, which makes it pretty close to the type 2s (which will be $360 with the switch).