Anyone have experience with Z1R helmets?

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I found a design I like and it is about time to replace my Arai (let's just say they stopped producing the model I have a year BEFORE I bought it.....).

I do plan on using it for the random trackday, as well as fairly frequent street riding. Biggest problem I have is that I have no desire to travel to every shop in my area to find one to try on if it isn't worth it. I wear an XS Arai, and have trouble finding helmets that fit me (I have a square head), so I need to try them on before I buy them. I also refuse to buy a helmet on e-bay, because that scares me.

Weight (XS head comes with XS neck muscles), ventilation, fogging/antifogging, comfort to glasses wearers and (obviously) how well they protect a noggin are things I am concerned about, so if you know anything about them (crash-tested, wear one, know someone who loves it or hates it), please chime in!

wangt86

Reaction score
Visit site
Z1R helmets quality are bleh at best and not very popular. Since you have difficulty shopping for a helmet cause of your headshape
My suggestion is to find a helmet that fits you rather than shopping for a graphic.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Keira,

Have you looked at Shoei. The RF1100 is a great helmet for me. What I like about their helmet sizing is that they have Shell sizes to mach the interiors so the fits may be different if you've tried Shoei before and they weren't a good fit.
There are 5 shell sizes and six interior sizes.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She found a shop that carried them, and they felt very chincy, so they are now off the list. She has an Arai and i think she will have a tough time going to something that much lower...

She has a shop ordering in a Scorpion EXO-700 in XS so that she can try those on too.