anybody use these?

sumofclay

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've been creeping around reading stuff on here for a bit, but this is my first post. I got my FZ this past winter, so I'm just getting into putting some miles on it recently, and after reading so many tales on here I'm looking into some sliders. I looked into to the T-rex ones, but their site says they're out of stock and they haven't gotten back to me about when they'll be in stock again. Has anyone used these:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003V5PW5Y/ref=sr_sp-btf_title_1_4?qid=1368931458&sr=8-]Yamaha FZ6 / FZS600 / FZ6N / FZ6 FAZER No Cut Frame Sliders (2004-2012):Amazon:Automotive[/ame]
I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about these Kapscomoto ones on Amazon. Also, I'm assuming I'm going to need to borrow or purchase a torque wrench before I go to install whichever frame sliders I choose, right? Thanks in advance for any advice! And thanks everyone for contributing here- its really awesome to have this as a resource and a place to chat about our two-wheel obsession :D

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
they will work but you get what you pay for .the higher priced ones will be tougher . personally , i would use the cheap ones but in a serious crash they might not do a good job
welcome to this great place:welcome:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

I'm not familiar with the Kapsco-moto (Yamaha FZ6 / FZS600 / FZ6N / FZ6 FAZER No Cut Frame Sliders (2004-2012)) frame sliders. Maybe someone else can chime in. I put Motovations (Yamaha FZ6 600 Fazer Frame Sliders 04+) on mine -- they did their job when my parked bike was knocked over once upon a time.

Echoing red06's opinion (I think) I don't have any great expectations that any frame sliders, regardless of price, will help much in a crash at speed. Indeed, there is some discussion in old threads that they could add to frame damage in a major crash. So many factors there, it's unpredictable. I put them on the bike to protect against stupid no or low speed accidents.

But, yeah. You should add a torque wrench and the necessary hex drivers to your tool kit if you will be doing your own maintenance. 40 ft lbs isn't as tight as you might think and you don't want to strip those threads.

Hunt for a copy of a service manual in pdf format on the 'net where you'll find all the torque specs. Boneman's web site (link is at top-left on the forum home page) under the MODS -> Manuals is a good starting point.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!

No cut frame sliders usually denote a unit that is bracket mounted so that the bobbin sticks out beyond the plastics (usually full body plastics) without having to cut through the plastics at the mounting bolt. This site page also calls out 2004 to 2012 FZ6, FZ6N etc. There is a 2012 FZ6r but that is a different bike from the FZ6 type bikes. FZ6 was stopped in 2009 or 2010. I think 2010 in Europe.
Keep in mind that the quality and grade of the mounting bolt is important because the frame and engine are integral because of the nature of design and you want the proper grade bolt used as well. Delrin is differnnt from acetate used in many sliders but I believe it's a good material for the bobbin.

Again welcome to our big family!

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I have uncaged (are they still in business?) also lsl's on my swing arm which look good.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

I'm not familiar with the Kapsco-moto (Yamaha FZ6 / FZS600 / FZ6N / FZ6 FAZER No Cut Frame Sliders (2004-2012)) frame sliders. Maybe someone else can chime in. I put Motovations (Yamaha FZ6 600 Fazer Frame Sliders 04+) on mine -- they did their job when my parked bike was knocked over once upon a time.

Echoing red06's opinion (I think) I don't have any great expectations that any frame sliders, regardless of price, will help much in a crash at speed. Indeed, there is some discussion in old threads that they could add to frame damage in a major crash. So many factors there, it's unpredictable. I put them on the bike to protect against stupid no or low speed accidents.

But, yeah. You should add a torque wrench and the necessary hex drivers to your tool kit if you will be doing your own maintenance. 17 ft lbs isn't as tight as you might think and you don't want to strip those threads.

Hunt for a copy of a service manual in pdf format on the 'net where you'll find all the torque specs. Boneman's web site (link is at top-left on the forum home page) under the MODS -> Manuals is a good starting point.

The torque for the regular engine mounting bolts are 40 ft lbs installed dry. I would look real hard if their installed considerably looser.

+1 on the hardware lenth, some kits had shorter bolts (that entered the block) and ultimatly stripped upon installation(being torqued down) due to not enough thread..

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've been creeping around reading stuff on here for a bit, but this is my first post. I got my FZ this past winter, so I'm just getting into putting some miles on it recently, and after reading so many tales on here I'm looking into some sliders. I looked into to the T-rex ones, but their site says they're out of stock and they haven't gotten back to me about when they'll be in stock again. Has anyone used these:
Yamaha FZ6 / FZS600 / FZ6N / FZ6 FAZER No Cut Frame Sliders (2004-2012):Amazon:Automotive
I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about these Kapscomoto ones on Amazon. Also, I'm assuming I'm going to need to borrow or purchase a torque wrench before I go to install whichever frame sliders I choose, right? Thanks in advance for any advice! And thanks everyone for contributing here- its really awesome to have this as a resource and a place to chat about our two-wheel obsession :D

I have these exact ones (black ones) on mine - One side is longer than the other (by design) they look fine, easy install, and I have no idea how well they work. Color is a pretty good match for the black frame too.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
The torque for the regular engine mounting bolts are 40 ft lbs installed dry. I would look real hard if their installed considerably looser.

Yep, it's 40 ft lbs as per the manual (and my own chicken scratch notes which I misread.) I corrected my post. Thanks.