Anybody up for Bear Mountain outing sometime soon ( next week)?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think our leisurely 75mph highway cruising was not bad given the conditions. Yeah the last leg of the tour after we left Erci was not very confidence inspiring at all (read: I hated the wet and leaves), BUT it would definitely been a fantastic road if conditions were good.

Poster, I have to disagree about the fog :spank: that sh!t was scary, especially when you see the headlights of a cage coming at you.

Anyway, most of the riding was pre-mist/rain so it was pretty good - and that bbq sandwich sealed the deal!

Thanks for organizing/leading/joining!

Blame it on your inexperienced leader :spank:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I think our leisurely 75mph highway cruising was not bad given the conditions. Yeah the last leg of the tour after we left Erci was not very confidence inspiring at all (read: I hated the wet and leaves), BUT it would definitely been a fantastic road if conditions were good.

Poster, I have to disagree about the fog :spank: that sh!t was scary, especially when you see the headlights of a cage coming at you.

Anyway, most of the riding was pre-mist/rain so it was pretty good - and that bbq sandwich sealed the deal!

Thanks for organizing/leading/joining!

Yeah I didn't want to go faster than that. Also I was pretty cold.

I was afraid of the leaves and the painted lines the most. Almost paranoid.

Ahh the fog was pretty spooky. Certainly appropriate for Halloween.

Few weeks back, I was in Bear Mountain area and it was just as foggy. Worst part was that I was riding pretty much at dusk. Now that was some scary stuff.

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think our leisurely 75mph highway cruising was not bad given the conditions.

Dont forget the speedo on the FZ6 is off quite a bit... I know mine is about 7-8 MPH fast at hwy speed. When Im on the highway trying to figure out how fast I can go without getting pulled over my brain just calculates that automatically. (before I figured that out I remember passing a hidden state trooper once going a speed I thought I shouldnt be going, having my heart jump, and being confused as to why I wasnt being pulled over). Kind of like my alarm clock in the morning, I know its 12 minutes fast, and I did it on purpose hoping that I would get up earlier and not be late... but it never works.... :spank: That being said, I know Im a bit heavier on the throttle than most and I never want to encourage someone to go faster than they are comfortable, so sorry about that.

Yeah the last leg of the tour after we left Erci was not very confidence inspiring at all (read: I hated the wet and leaves), BUT it would definitely been a fantastic road if conditions were good.

I actually agree on this on both counts (it would be a lot of fun dry). The last leg had me a little nervous in parts, when there is rain on the ground I tend to psych myself out a little more than I should. Im working on getting over this and think I did a lot better towards the end than the beginning of the last leg. The pilot 3s haven't failed me yet in rain (snow is another story, heh) and Im trying to learn their wet limits as safely as I can.

On the highway, as long as I can see where I am going, almost nothing short of lakes on the road phases me however, hence my disappearing act.

Yeah seriously, how could you not think ahead of controlling the weather? ;)

Lol, agreed, how dare you let it rain?

As for the fog, its all about how well I can see (Most of the time its how well I can see that slows me down rather than the actual weather itself) if I cant see where Im going it freaks me out quite a lot too. I find myself following cagers when it gets real bad, knowing they probably cant see much better than I can, but I rather them hit something than me...

Last edited: