Any Suggestions

Bodarc

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wore out rear tire, and looking to purchase a good replacement. I have read good reviews on the Avon, but have heard from other bike riders to research a bit more.

Second, is it just me or does the '05 FZ6 have a throttle dead spot in the top of the twist in the bottom of the transmission. When down shifting, approaching a red light, and the light turns green, I adjust the throttle to accomedate the situation and I find that more than not there is a dead spot the an explosion of excelleration. This has caused me some severe caution in decreasing radious turns.

Any info would be great.

Lastly, I'm glad, I have found this site. Been looking for over a year.

Bodarc.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like a possible TPS for the throttle issue, and my next set of tires, (going to stick with a new BT020 for a rear and then replace the set next time) will be the continental road attacks, i have read nothing but good things from them and they supposedly last just as long as the Bridgestones ~10,000 miles.

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
To answer your question about tires it would be helpful to know what type of riding you do. If you do mostly touring then that would be one type of tire, but on the other hand if you are an aggressive rider with no chicken strips and do track days then that would be a completely different tire and if you fall somewhere in between there is a tire for you.

There is a sticky in the Tire Tech Talk section that gives good info.