Any Pontiac G8/Holden Commodore Owners???

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
2003.5+ Infiniti G35 sedan is the way to go. You can get a low milage car in that price range, very nice car. I've had one for 2 years with zero issues. It's a sport sedan but is very comfortable, reclining rear seats, perfect for driving customers around. RWD or AWD, but clearly RWD is way better. It'll go 160mph flat out and handles extremely well for a sedan. Manufactured in Japan...

+1000. I have a 2004 sedan. Absolutely rocked. Sorry to see it go but my bike became my toy.....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While I don't have an auto manufacturing back ground I have about 15 years of "lean" manufacturing experience in semi-conductor capital equipment. We used to do what was called a "bay build", all of the parts were delivered at once and the machine was built in one location. This was considered a "Volvo" build too. Volvo used to do this type of build, one car, one dedicated team. In about '96 we transitioned to Lean Manufacturing, beginning with subassemblies, assemblies and finally the entire product in '00. Quality increased, cycle time reduced (from 150 weeks to 35 weeks (book to build)) and we were able to reduce the number of employees. I know for a fact that GM, Ford and Chrysler use this model too. The problem with some American vehicles, IMHO, is the design of the vehicle and the components. American vehicles look (stylistically) better these days but we need to get better. The good thing, I think, is the G8 pretty much copies a 5 series, sort of....why invent a perfectly good wheel? I mean a PT Loser, give me a break...sales on that POS have plummeted.

Anywho...many American cars are very good, many flat suck and the manufactures need to develop cars that have longevity, are reliable and stop making cars that fill a niche. I think the G8 accomplishes all of those things.