Any naked folks with clip-ons?

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
With fairing clearance no longer an issue, has anyone gone with clip-ons instead of FZ1 Rizoma, or LSL bars? I vaguely remember seeing this done, including a custom triple that eliminates the stock risers.

Recommendations, reviews, links, etc.?

Thanks!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With fairing clearance no longer an issue, has anyone gone with clip-ons instead of FZ1 Rizoma, or LSL bars? I vaguely remember seeing this done, including a custom triple that eliminates the stock risers.

Recommendations, reviews, links, etc.?

Thanks!

There are a few of us, who have done this...Woodcraft make nice clip-ons that fit, but dont forget to get a steering stop as well, or else those bars WILL hit the tank. As for the Custom Triple...there is a thread somewhere, but it is more a modified FZ6 top clamp, than a custom clamp, i think....

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
There are a few of us, who have done this...Woodcraft make nice clip-ons that fit, but dont forget to get a steering stop as well, or else those bars WILL hit the tank. As for the Custom Triple...there is a thread somewhere, but it is more a modified FZ6 top clamp, than a custom clamp, i think....

Thanks for the tip! Did someone just cut off or grind down the existing risers on the stock clamp?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
clockworkjon, check out this thread. Maverick1970 had his risers removed and he shows a picture of another he modeled his after in his first post. You can see, though, that they mounted the clip ons above the top triple, having to drop the forks. I think it's better to put them below the triple so you don't change the geometry of the bike so much.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/15769-maverick1970s-project-streetfighter.html

Yes, proof of this, is that every single FZ6 Cup racing bike in Australia, had their clip-ons mounted below the top triple clamp, mounting them above would have a drastic affect on bike handling....i must worn you, that mounting the clip-ons below the top triple clamp, will have you "humping the turtle" hardcore, and can be a bit extreme, for anything other than pure sports riding....

Am thinking of getting Converetibars for everyday riding, rather than the "no prisoners", below the top triple installation.

:thumbup:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I would LOVE to try Convertibars on my naked, but man...$340??? I mean, I know they're a quality piece, but that's incredibly expensive. LOL.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Every time I see this thread title I think

"Where would you clip the tie on if you don't have a shirt?"

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw the convertibars in action last year and if I ever decide to get clip-ons I would go this way. They are just that good. The hardest part is they are so adjustable it is hard to decide where you want them.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I would LOVE to try Convertibars on my naked, but man...$340??? I mean, I know they're a quality piece, but that's incredibly expensive. LOL.

The price must have gone up. I payed $300 for mine. Still pricey, but when you consider fully adjustable rearsets at twice that cost, it's a little easier to stomach...