Any FZ6er's in the Bay area CA. (northern CA)

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It seems like Dublin/Pleasanton would be nice and central for us. Anyone know some good roads and willing to volunteer to organize a ride?

I would usually participate in the planning but right now I'm swamped with writing my thesis and don't have the time. I could spare a weekend day for a ride though if someone planned it...

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, swamped with work and I live in Dublin. If anyone is interested, let me know!

NoxCruor

Nocturnal Predator
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there! Just letting you know that I'm looking for other riders. I'm going out with my step-daughter in just a little bit for a ride so that I can watch the bikes, and she can gawk and drool at the bikers. So if you see an '08 Cobalt Blue FZ6 with a guy wearing an green icon mil spec reflective vest with black and blue leather, stop on by :) Would love to see others!

mabbott

Reaction score
Visit site
I work in Dublin, we usually have a ride on Thursdays during lunch. Let me know if any of you are up for that and I can give you details.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Castro Valley, on 580/238 interchange. I commute to SJC a couple times a month, although that's getting cut short with the ending of DST. Its so dark by the end of the day and I try to avoid riding the jammed 880 when its dark. I like riding the Oakland hills, looping around San Pablo Reservoir, loops around Mt Diablo, and riding the Highway 1 north and south of SF.

Symba2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Alameda (next to Oakland!). Red '06 FZ6... I ride whenever it's sunny, pretty much.

I'd definitely be down to have a meet in Dublin. It does sound like a decent central location for a lot of us.

Symba2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I just need heated grips... everywhere else on my body is fine except my fingers / knuckles.

I have AlpineStar DryStar gloves... and I even wear a set of mittens underneath. Cold riding is STILL cold on the hands. I either need heated grips of heated gloves!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm going to do THIS LOOP on Saturday or Sunday if the weather is good...I'll need good weather to get it all done during daylight hours. I can always cut out certain sections and/or take the 101 back if I run out of time or energy.

Anyone interested? I do my best to "ride the pace" but am open to varried levels of riding experience so long as you keep it under control.

The weather is looking perfect all weekend! :thumbup:

EDIT - Since the weather is looking so good all weekend and I'm pretty sure my wife has to work both days, maybe I'll do THIS RIDE one of the days as well....

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm going to do THIS LOOP on Saturday or Sunday if the weather is good...I'll need good weather to get it all done during daylight hours. I can always cut out certain sections and/or take the 101 back if I run out of time or energy.

Anyone interested? I do my best to \"ride the pace\" but am open to varried levels of riding experience so long as you keep it under control.

The weather is looking perfect all weekend! :thumbup:

Looks like a fun ride man, I'll go if the wife lets me. I'm pretty sure we don't have anything going on either day.

It'll take me an hour or so to get to your house so I can't do the whole ride, but catching you in SF and heading up 1 for a while sounds good.

An 8.5 hour ride plus stops? I'm guessing you'll want to be back by 5 or 6pm, so that puts us at about 8am to leave your house?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Defy, I've ridden that north part of highway 29(above calistoga) it's pretty fun. It gets rougher the deeper you go in, with a lot of switchbacks and big elevation changes and narrow roads. There are turns you literally have to be going 10-15mph.

If my bike was fixed I'd join up :(

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a fun ride man, I'll go if the wife lets me. I'm pretty sure we don't have anything going on either day.

It'll take me an hour or so to get to your house so I can't do the whole ride, but catching you in SF and heading up 1 for a while sounds good.

An 8.5 hour ride plus stops? I'm guessing you'll want to be back by 5 or 6pm, so that puts us at about 8am to leave your house?

I'd want to be getting on the Golden Gate by 8ish...I live pretty close to it. Leaving any later just jeapordizes the rest of the day. Maybe we should do that SF to Santa Cruz ride I posted above this time since it's more in your direction....

Defy, I've ridden that north part of highway 29(above calistoga) it's pretty fun. It gets rougher the deeper you go in, with a lot of switchbacks and big elevation changes and narrow roads. There are turns you literally have to be going 10-15mph.

If my bike was fixed I'd join up :(

Sounds like a motard road.

When do you expect to have the bike back together?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a motard road.

When do you expect to have the bike back together?

As soon as I get parts in from RonAyers(takes forever), and I planned on doing some other mods at the same time. Could be as soon as a month if I don't procrastinate :spank:

What I plan on doing is: Dual headlight, pod lights, watsen flushmounts(ordered), -1 +2 sprockets(ordered), speedohealer(have), levers(have), fz1 bars, rizoma grips/ends, LED taillight(ordered), cut down rear hugger, stebel airhorn, powerlet outlet, and all the stuff I ordered from Ronayers.

Plus I'm debating on whether or not to install theBT-016's I have, my current rear tire has a few thousand left, but the front could use a new one.

Should be fun :D

It's gonna be a fun spring/summer, I'd like to ride with all the bay area guys here.

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I vote to install the new front tire at least....cheap insurance against crashing. :D It's no fun to ride a bike when you don't have confidence in your tires...especially when getting BACK in the saddle.

So who else is going to ride this weekend??? CV rider??? mstewar1???