Another painted muffler...

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see a red bike and I want it painted black...

Today I added a painted muffler cover to the already painted radiator guards and rear pegs. It's an easy mod; took about 45 mins. I used rust-oleum barbecue paint.

2665988315_8bced97f7a_b.jpg

2665990511_57418be341_b.jpg

2665999531_fa8ac4d737_b.jpg

2666002543_c292e69e64_b.jpg

This should hold me over 'till J wins the 2bros FE and gives it to me, forcing me to bite the bullet and buy a 2bros exhaust :p :thumbup:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great. I like the BBQ paint, it won't have any issues with heat cycles.
What FE kit is that?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks!

I don't know if it matters if you use high temp paint or not. These muffler covers are plastic to begin with and don't get very hot.

The FE kit is FAZR6's. I bought it used from another member here but I think you can buy it from FAZR6 on SBN or ebay.

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
I see a red bike and I want it painted black...
(...)
(...)
forcing me to bite the bullet and buy a 2bros exhaust :p :thumbup:

I'm in a way similar to you... :rolleyes:

I see a Black bike and I want it painted Red/Black... :Sport:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Nice photography too! :thumbup:

Thanks! I realized that I never take the time to zoom/center shots and they always end up subpar, so I really tried on these ones.

Did you notice the blurry spot in the upper center of the photos? I had a smudge on the lens. Oh well, one improvement at a time...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Look great. That is such an effective bang for the buck mod.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it, slowly turning my bike black too....have also painted radiator guards, and my front indicator surrounds...was thinking of doing the pipes, but would probably go for a satin finish, to match the Swingarm, etc...but still great job.

If anyone is looking for a good FE kit, check out the R&G units...just put one on mine, and it looks like it came as part of the bike, very easy to install to.

If you go to the Australia section of this forum,. i just posted a thread with photo's of my R&G FE kit installed. R&G is an American company, so they should be a lot cheaper than the $165 Australian i paid.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it, slowly turning my bike black too....have also painted radiator guards, and my front indicator surrounds...was thinking of doing the pipes, but would probably go for a satin finish, to match the Swingarm, etc...but still great job.

Thanks!

I don't know much about paint. Would satin be less flat that what I did? To me the paint I used looks about as flat as you can get. At first they looked too flat to me but I'm getting used to them. Besides, this is just to hold me over till I can get some aftermarket exhaust.

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks dang good. Will be one of the first mods I do to my Red '07. Also love the FAZR6 FE kit...

John

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks!

I don't know much about paint. Would satin be less flat that what I did? To me the paint I used looks about as flat as you can get. At first they looked too flat to me but I'm getting used to them. Besides, this is just to hold me over till I can get some aftermarket exhaust.

Satin Paint is half way between a gloss and a matte paint, just gives it a little bit of a sheen.

I still think you did a great job though. I actually like the look of the stock exhaust...save yourself some money, and get your standard pipes de-baffled by a professional exhaust guy, it will be a lot cheaper, bike will sound better, and will breathe almost as well as an aftermarket pipe.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Satin Paint is half way between a gloss and a matte paint, just gives it a little bit of a sheen.

I still think you did a great job though. I actually like the look of the stock exhaust...save yourself some money, and get your standard pipes de-baffled by a professional exhaust guy, it will be a lot cheaper, bike will sound better, and will breathe almost as well as an aftermarket pipe.

Thanks for the info! Like I said it did look a little too flat for me at first.

I have seen the posts about professional de-baffling (not sure if it was you but someone down-under). Looks great but I cannot stand the thought of the covers being plastic. I noticed they were plastic only after I got the bike home and my heart sank. Don't know why but I HATE the plastic covers and need them gone (very slight OCD here).

So I guess I would do new exhaust for the outside look as well as the sound.