Another option for Speedo Correctoin

mbramlett

Crazy MOFO
Reaction score
Visit site
Speedo Tuner Speedo Tuner - Street Bike Parts - Motorcycle Superstore

I always see the typical speedohealer install. Just wanted everybody to know that there is another option out there for correcting the spedometer. I think this one corrects some of the innacuracies in the factory speedo instead of just correcting by percentage. You actually mount it to the tank and go set it to a vehicles true speed at 60 MPH so it's dead on at 60 MPH instead of being dead on at 5 mph and then just getting further off as your speed increases. It seems to work great, and was really easy to install. I included some updated pics of the bike while I was uploading pictures. Probably going to either go naked or fully faired soon.

Where have you guys mounted your speedohealers and the like? Really not fond of my choice but it was the easiest until I find a better spot.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Speedo Tuner Speedo Tuner - Street Bike Parts - Motorcycle Superstore

I always see the typical speedohealer install. Just wanted everybody to know that there is another option out there for correcting the spedometer. I think this one corrects some of the innacuracies in the factory speedo instead of just correcting by percentage. You actually mount it to the tank and go set it to a vehicles true speed at 60 MPH so it's dead on at 60 MPH instead of being dead on at 5 mph and then just getting further off as your speed increases. It seems to work great, and was really easy to install. I included some updated pics of the bike while I was uploading pictures. Probably going to either go naked or fully faired soon.

Where have you guys mounted your speedohealers and the like? Really not fond of my choice but it was the easiest until I find a better spot.

The site does not state anything about how this gizmo works. They make one statement that this device will correct to 1% error, no matter what gearing changes you might make. How is that done, I wonder?

If you provide a 'true' 60 MPH input to the thing by clicking a button when you are doing 60 exactly, how are you determining that exact speed? A 1% error would be 0.6 MPH (59.4 to 60.6).

How does that relate to the amount of error at 5 MPH?

Anything that patches into the OEM harness, and 'tweaks' the OEM inputs to give you a reading you like better is not able to increase the overall system accuracy.... merely give you a display you like better.

If the thing had an external sensor unrelated to the OEM system it could theoretically improve the accuracy; otherwise you're just stirring the same mix in the same bowl, with a different spoon.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My speedohealer was adjusted after checking against a mounted GPS. It is spot on (within.1 MPH at 70 MPH). Its mounted to the left side of the bike under the seat for easy access as there's plenty of room and can be adjusted easily (for a sprocket change).

As for the top speed button, I have mine placed at the opening in the frame (just below the front of the seat), left side, where I can reach it while seated on the bike.

As long as its relaying the correct speed to me, that's all I'm concerned about. I'm not overly concerned about the odometer being off slightly.

Last edited:

mbramlett

Crazy MOFO
Reaction score
Visit site
Kind of hard to explain so I went into paint and made a illistration of my reasoning. I just know that even before my sprocket change the speedo was a couple of miles per hour off at interstate speeds. And now it seems just right. Where the lines bisect would be 60 MPH. Let me know if anybody needs a write up the process is the same as any of the other ones though.

Edit: What you do is mount it on the top of the tank go out and get a friend (my wife) in this case to do dexactly 60 mph in a car which I believe is mandated to be within 1%. You match their speed and then hit the button. You than slow down to 60 and hit the button again and it works from then on. I sped back up to 60 while she was still on cruise and my speedo read 60 MPH.

Last edited: